Coaching is a serious problem.

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I wish the Habs organization was quicker to react to mediocrity. Those who don't think MSL is an issue have just gotten used to it.

Rebuild yes, but don't rebuild with a losing culture, which is how MSL is currently managing things.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Buddy won 63 out of 171 games, he clearly need more outside noise to fuel him.

What a strange press conference. Prediction they lose both games this weekend while looking disorganized and uninterested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habano and Pomee

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Be honest with his play, it hasn't been good enough and most times he's indiscipline is a problem. He has to find the right line and play at a level where he's an NHLer.
MSL is not consistent when it comes to holding people accountable for mistakes. X is his scapegoat and honestly the coach's lack of a clue and arrogance shows during games and pressers. He is lost and the only thing he can do is point the finger at Arber. Seriously? Everyone else is beyond reproach?

Arber didn't play last game and we got humiliated. I'm not saying that if X was in the lineup we would have won, just pointing out that Struble, Mailloux, Hutson and Savard were bad. Logic dictates that Arber should be in the lineup tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if he is scratched.

As far as being undisciplined, Arber cleaned up his act quite a bit since he came back from Laval last year. I don't count the preseason because you had monkeys running our guys and X stood up to them. In 5 games played so far, he has 1 minor so MSL can't say a thing about bad penalties.

Sadly, I fully expect X to be wearing a different jersey by the end of the season.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Laval is technically playing the same systems. It seems to be working for them. Laval's players are always skating. Habs not so much.
A great point. Laval seems to be clicking pretty well in every zone.

Too egotistical to understand he is in over his head. Of course he alone can turn it around.

Bombay is the ultimate tank driver.
I didn't like the singling out of Xhekaj today...he must have learned that from his idol Torts

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
A great point. Laval seems to be clicking pretty well in every zone.

I didn't like the singling out of Xhekaj today...he must have learned that from his idol Torts
Wifi is gone, book it.

Bombay will drive him out.

Reactions: Habano

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
When you are a young player and are basically told...don't f*** up...that says alot.
Not to mention, make any mistakes and you are in the press box while the rest of the D look like shit and keep being put out there.

I’ll get hammered for this but why doesn’t Lane sit and watch from above. Logan, Struble, Barron aren’t exactly playing great hockey.

If they fire St Louis, tell me buddy boyos, who tf takes his place?
Pascal Vincent

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Pretty clear that Xhekaj has some maturity issues. Barron and Struble sometimes need to keep it more simple yet they are never brought up publicly. I think Xhekaj's ego has gotten bigger than what he is as a player and he needs to learn his place.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If they fire St Louis, tell me buddy boyos, who tf takes his place?
MSL is safe but he has to look in the mirror and make his own improvements. The way he came across today it felt like he thinks he is never wrong. This is what happens when you hire a coach with zero experience and surround him with coaches with zero experience. I hope he figures it out

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Pretty clear that Xhekaj has some maturity issues. Barron and Struble sometimes need to keep it more simple yet they are never brought up publicly. I think Xhekaj's ego has gotten bigger than what he is as a player and he needs to learn his place.
source?

Reactions: Pomee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What has he shown to speculate he will be better than Martin? He had a losing record as a coach for Columbus
He has decades of experience for starters. The situation of being thrown in after they fired Babcock was not easy. He knows how to coach, the Rocket play the same system and look amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad