Coaching is a serious problem.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
MSL is more of a cheerleader than a coach. Seems like a nice guy and was a great player, but is in way over his head in this gig.This is all on Mr Clean Hughes and King Kong Gorton. The baldie and the gorilla
Is another coach going to get more out of Kirby Dach right now? Because that's what we really need.

Reactions: Pomee

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Can only imagine what kind of BS wisdom pearl he uttered after this game:

Journaliste: Martin, as-tu l'impression que l'équipe recule au lieu de faire du progrès?

MSL: Reculer, c'est se déplacer ! Donc on avance quelque pars, mais à notre façon!

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Can only imagine what kind of BS wisdom pearl he uttered after this game:

Journaliste: Martin, as-tu l'impression que l'équipe recule au lieu de faire du progrès?

MSL: Reculer, c'est se déplacer ! Donc on avance quelque pars, mais à notre façon!

''Si tu flip le char de bord pis que tu recules ... dans l'fond, t'avances. C'est juste une question de perspective.''

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Coaching aside, we cannot be competitive with a $3 million goalie.
Goaltending has led to us overachieving the last two season and prevented us from bottoming out. When we don't get stellar goaltending, what we saw tonight will often happen.

On the bright side, Rangers are a strong team. The Leafs got destroyed by the Blue Jackets tonight.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Coaching aside, we cannot be competitive with a $3 million goalie.
100%. I mean. I was wondering why Detroit was still out of series. Their goalies are atrocious. I mean, you cannot expect to be competitive with Lyon and Talbot as tandem of goalie. Pretty sure Ottawa will be much better with Ullmaek and New jersey with Marksttom. At ond point, you need to pay for a real goalie. Montembault would be okay at Tampa or Edmonton, but he remains a good second goalie

Reactions: Sharknado2

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
100%. I mean. I was wondering why Detroit was still out of series. Their goalies are atrocious. I mean, you cannot expect to be competitive with Lyon and Talbot as tandem of goalie. Pretty sure Ottawa will be much better with Ullmaek and New jersey with Marksttom. At ond point, you need to pay for a real goalie. Montembault would be okay at Tampa or Edmonton, but he remains a good second goalie
Dryden would get light up with this lineup.

Reactions: JIMVINNY

Sharknado2

Oct 1, 2024
I also feel he is overplaying Hutson. So far, Hutson reminds me of Mete in his early days, alot of flash and speed but also alot of fluff. Hopefully he will be sent down to develop or stay up with limited minutes.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The egregious simple coaching errors today were not benching the two defencemen that stopped skating before the 2nd goal thinking it was an auto icing. No accountability. Also not pulling Montembeault after the 3rd goal, which should never go in. At the very least, call a f***ing timeout. No, nothing. Just sit on my hands and pretend everything is okay thinking of my next proverb for the media.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Many teams don't respect Habs players and MSL doesn't seem to see that....That's why Xhekaj has to be in the lineup when there are bastard players like Truba, Kreider....
We went from being respected, tough as nails with Weber/chiarot/Edmundson/etc. Now we're creampuffs. More soft than the Dubas leafs. So brutal

Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
MSL is more of a cheerleader than a coach. Seems like a nice guy and was a great player, but is in way over his head in this gig.This is all on Mr Clean Hughes and King Kong Gorton. The baldie and the gorilla

You're right.

Time to clean house,

Fire them ALL!

We went from being respected, tough as nails with Weber/chiarot/Edmundson/etc. Now we're creampuffs. More soft than the Dubas leafs. So brutal

We need Bergevin back....

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
We need Bergevin back....
You might be on to something

1000011014.jpg

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think if our current play and results keep up for a few more games, there's gonna be serious heat for a coaching change. I'm starting to get that spidey sense.

It's just unacceptable for us to be playing this poorly. Everyone looks lost in the D zone for multiple games in a row now.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to post something I posted elsewhere about Marty's system. If an amateur like me can shred his system, every team in the league is doing it to an even greater degree.

-----

Watch the goal simulations on the 1st, 5th and 6th goal. That's Marty's collapsing into a zone defense. Completely giving up on possession to "defend" the goal area.

The problem when you give up ALL the surrounding area and collapse that tightly is that there is no chance that you get control of the puck and you literally made the net a shooting gallery.

It is simply a lousy executed system and it's entirely, without a shred of an excuse, it's Marty's level of stupidity where he can't recognize the failure of his system.

There are so many tools, so much information that it baffles me how Marty and company can't see the results and failures of what he "teaches".

I'm beginning to believe that these "managers" have a tough time exceeding 80 IQ. MThead with his no possession trap and off the glass, BargainBin failure at managing the team, Marty's systemic stupidity...what's wrong with them? Why are we consistently getting the bottom of the barrel?

Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad