Coaching is a serious problem.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
3 guys? Out of a 24 man roster?
Top line doesn't need help. Second line has Dach and Newhook. I'd have liked Roy but understand Laine. The bottom six is packed with vets.

The D I think can use a vet on the right side. It would've been okay trying RB as he probably could've settled things down but now? I think a vet RD isn't a bad idea.

Other than that... no, what the hell do we need more vets for? Demidov, Hage, Roy and Beck are all on the way.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Dach was fantastic before getting hurt. Ditto with Newhook. Slaf has killed it. Hutson is killing it. CC killed it before getting hurt. Matheson has killed it.

What are you expecting here? Almost all of the prospects/young players we've picked up have overachieved.
Im 100 pct with you . Thé problem after laine trade , many fans expections went overboard.
We have a player coming from a bloody acl , not having played hockey for a full year .
The scorer we needed got hurt .

Simple the team is what it is a supposed to be .
Give it time , even management told everyone the expectation should not be high yet people don’t see it .
We still in the rebuild , simple as that .

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I already said that it a lot on the player I feel like they going around as if they won the race but the race isn’t done and now they are getting lap…but that being said it management role to set the environment camp was a disaster, clearly physical preparation is not optimal and guys aren’t focus and alert on the ice… Hutson is the best player every night that is not normal…

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
They can feel bad about it, but the concerted rebuild started when Hugo got on board. Using any other point to judge the rebuild is not the truth.

Year 3 of a rebuild isn't where we should be seeing a massive dynamic shift. Look at how long CBJ, Anaheim etc. have been in their actual rebuilds. They are still figuring it all out and in CBJ's case, look far behind us in terms of projected future outlook.

This is the rebuild we've asked for.. that means losing a lot of games, it means, taking a step, and then taking steps back, it means up and downs in team performance, in player performance, in effort, in execution.
This is year 4 of the rebuild. HuGo already has had 3 trade deadlines, 3 drafts, 3 FA periods. These are the important periods for a team strating a rebuild. Too easy to grant them one additional year because they were not here during half a season.

In addition, their core has been inherited from last management : Suzuki, CC, Guhle, + a lot of prospects like Mailloux, Roy, Xhekaj, Struble. This is a rebuild not started from 0. HuGo believed that and doubled down on the 2019-2020 drafts by adding Newhook, Dach, Barron, Heineman.

This team is not the typical team in a rebuild which would have started 3 years ago. I don t know of any team that does not hold players accountable in their D+6 seasons. It seems some fans think a rebuild is 10 years having 1OA - 5OA and are asking all other fans to be fine with having no effort on the ice whatsoever. I am sorry, but successful rebuilds don t lead to a SC in 3 years but they show progress on the ice.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Is this bad faith or terrible math skill?
Kent Hughes was hired on January 18 2022, so 2 years 9 months ago.
The first player drafted by the regime in charge of the rebuild played 2 seasons so far and currently playing his 3rd.
I feel like this is arguing semantics. I often call it year 4 of the rebuild as well because I consider the year they crashed out to draft a #1 pick and the year they started selling assets as part of it. HuGo also hired their own coach in 21/22. Whether you want to count that as part of the rebuild or call it a transition year into the rebuild doesn’t really matter much. We’ve stunk going on 4 seasons now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad