Coaching is a serious problem.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
This was an issue last year. Some understood that, but a lot of you are slow.

Coaching isn't the only thing to be concerned about

You should be concerned about Hughes, Molson, and what a lot of you don't want to hear the actual validity that the Habs have a top tier prospect pool because it certain doesn't look like it.

Lmao ok chill out buddy. Find a spa nearby and go relax.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
MSL needs to get tough with the guys.
Benching, press box
Make a statement if needed
Let’s see how they come out tomorrow. It’s going to tell us a lot. Hope they show life and don’t get smoked.

Pezz should be in the lineup, after the Pen drubbing and the sleep walking last game there is no reason he should sit.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Sorry. Therrien can coach your team. I never want to see him close to mine. The fact Molson didn’t fire Bergevin on the spot when the word Therrien came out of his mouth was a disaster for this franchise.
Didn’t say I wanted him back.

Just think MSL is in over his head, team needs better coaching. Both are not very good.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You’re sitting there talking like we’ve done nothing over the past couple of years and it’s nonsense.

Compare where we were vs where we are. Compare the finishes on our teams over the years…
Dead last to 5th to 5th to trending to be another bottom 5 team.

Team finished dead last, drafted Slaf.

Slaf took a solid, sizeable, hell even a big step forward. The rest seem to be a small step between either the 22-23 to 23-24, or from last season to now, but doesn't/seem didn't seem like they took a step in both in terms of personal growth.

MSL had taken no steps forward it seems.

Prospect pool has gotten better and you'd hope so given the finishes and selling of players.

Am I missing the one you might be referring to ?

There's steps, but there's no night and day difference to this point.

5 games, small sample size, but not looking good in that small sample size.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Not saying I want him back but it’s sad he is a better coach than MSL. MSL is too inexperienced, and it shows.
He’s not a better coach. The fact he couldn’t even keep basic control of his emotions directly cost us a playoff series. He doesn’t have the human and life skills to even lead a small group of Boy Scouts. Let him throw Nashville or Utah in the gutter, why the Habs? If you’re actually Michel Therrien or a member of his family sorry nothing personal.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dead last to 5th to 5th to trending to be another bottom 5 team.

Team finished dead last, drafted Slaf.

Slaf took a solid, sizeable, hell even a big step forward. The rest seem to be a small step between either the 22-23 to 23-24, or from last season to now, but doesn't/seem didn't seem like they took a step in both in terms of personal growth.

MSL had taken no steps forward it seems.

Prospect pool has gotten better and you'd hope so given the finishes and selling of players.

Am I missing the one you might be referring to ?

There's steps, but there's no night and day difference to this point.

5 games, small sample size, but not looking good in that small sample size.
Small sample size with Improved pp, PK & ga.... What metrics improving would be required to be "looking good" in your mind?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One step forward, one step back. Another step forward...into a pit.

Maybe, just maybe the MSL sees where he's heading with the team and sees that he needs to change course and tactics.

Maybe he realizes that the parts he's working with have to be organized to be greater then their raw sum.

Maybe he realizes that he's the only one that can do that.

Maybe we will need extra doses of...

GEUxycCbAAA0zOx.jpg

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Based on what?

Everytime Price went down, Therrien's team went completely shit.
Carey price was the whole system......
You should double check his record. His last stint (5yrs) his record was 194-134-37 which is very good. Doesn’t mean he is a great coach but it doesn’t fit your narrative. I wouldn’t want him back but he is a better coach than Marty is right now.

Better coaching, seriously.

This team has no clue what to do in their own end, none.

People on here have been complaining about the Man vs Man system for years. They end up chasing all night and get hemmed in their end for long stretches of time. Its like watching the globetrotters play the generals. The Leafs, Bruins, Pens, and Kings did it to them all night long.

They are last in almost all D team stats, so yes, the system (whatever they are playing) is not working. So yes, coaching needs to improve. I know MSL fans hate to hear this but it’s obvious.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He’s not a better coach. The fact he couldn’t even keep basic control of his emotions directly cost us a playoff series. He doesn’t have the human and life skills to even lead a small group of Boy Scouts. Let him throw Nashville or Utah in the gutter, why the Habs? If you’re actually Michel Therrien or a member of his family sorry nothing personal.

I know criticizing MSL gets folks worked up but the fact is he needs help as his inexperience is on clear display night after night.

Don’t know why so many think MSL is beyond criticism, it’s weird.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Remember when fanbase was incessantly whining about boring defensive hockey Habs have played the last 40+ years?

Good times…
They sure fixed the “defensive” part. :D

I know criticizing MSL gets folks worked up but the fact is he needs help as his inexperience is on clear display night after night.

Because it’s only been five games and for sure things will turn around. Just trust the concepts.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
They sure fixed the “defensive” part. :D

Because it’s only been five games and for sure things will turn around. Just trust the concepts.
not 5 games, same mess last year, not sure what the concepts are, lol.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

I have my own criticism of MSL. Why is there not a dedicated a PP coach? What was Burrows’ tasks? Who’s taking care of those tasks? Is MSL blocking us to have a full top notch coaching staff or is Molson being cheap? But bring up Therrien and I have nightmares of the 2002 playoffs and his full second stint.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Because... I specifically mentionned NHL help...?
And I'll ask again... why would we exclude the other work? Slaf and Hutson for example are on the roster already. Do they not count? We got Matheson in a rip off trade and got to trade Petry twice. Dach, Newhook, Laine... what's wrong with that?

There's no way for mgmt to be able to predict the injuries we've had. That can happen to any player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad