Clowe suspended for coming off bench? (Suspended 2 Games)

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Clowe got lucky.

Actually, no he didn't. The extra view there shows he changed legally. If he had jumped immediately after the hit, then he would have gotten lucky. But Pavs was clearly heading off, so Clowe's change was legal.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Actually, no he didn't. The extra view there shows he changed legally. If he had jumped immediately after the hit, then he would have gotten lucky. But Pavs was clearly heading off, so Clowe's change was legal.

He got lucky the change was deemed legal. You can bet he just saw red and didn't consider that Pavs was coming off the ice.

Dude's turning into a massive basket case.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I was hoping he would get more so he could hopefully take a look at how bad he has been and try to improve. My guess is he comes back to his spot on the 2nd line (even though he doesn't deserve it) and continues to stink up the joint, while Tmac promotes him to the 1st line again.:shakehead

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
He got lucky the change was deemed legal. You can bet he just saw red and didn't consider that Pavs was coming off the ice.

No all Clowe was thinking was "Ah yes Pavs is coming off the ice. I need to make a legal change." After seeing hit, "Let's make a legal change Boys!"

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I'll add that Clowe continues to act as enforcer as well as power forward this season. At some point, i hope other players can contribute to the enforcer need enabling Clowe to play the power forward game and add some much needed scoring punch.

Or pick up an enforcer that can play hockey like Cody McLeod.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

Not true at all, watch the video. It was clearly a legal change and Clowe was the next guy on.

I have to agree, should have been 6 or 7 prorated.

I'll add that Clowe continues to act as enforcer as well as power forward this season. At some point, i hope other players can contribute to the enforcer need enabling Clowe to play the power forward game and add some much needed scoring punch.

No it shouldn't have. Watch the video for christ's sake. He clearly wasn't bummed to be be able to get on at that point, but he got on 100% legally.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not true at all, watch the video. It was clearly a legal change and Clowe was the next guy on.

No it shouldn't have. Watch the video for christ's sake. He clearly wasn't bummed to be be able to get on at that point, but he got on 100% legally.

There were ten seconds left in the game. Sure, the team probably convinced the League that it was a legal change, but come on. Why the **** would they be making a line change in the left ten seconds of a two goal game?

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
F. McLaren?? You know, i'm not sure that the NHL these days needs an enforcer anymore, apparently neither do the sharks as we don't have one on the team...

I'd rather have a good player with upside that can really play...

Frazer Mclaren was only a fighter, McLeod can actually PLAY hockey and is a good fighter. McLeod is on the Avs PK I think so he would help us there too.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
There were ten seconds left in the game. Sure, the team probably convinced the League that it was a legal change, but come on. Why the **** would they be making a line change in the left ten seconds of a two goal game?

I have a very detailed explanation of what Clowe was thinking above.:sarcasm:

I agree with you. It makes no sense to make a line change when you are trying to tie the game.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

The team didn't need to convince the league, it's clear as day it was a legal change. WATCH THE VIDEO.

Does a player ever not change on when one comes off? You're saying clowe should have just stayed on the bench and not gotten on when his man came off? Pavs got smoked and was done for that shift no matter how much time it was.

If a player ever refused to change on because of there only being a few seconds left in the game, that player needs to be bag skated until he voluntarily retires from the league.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
The team didn't need to convince the league, it's clear as day it was a legal change. WATCH THE VIDEO.

Does a player ever not change on when one comes off? You're saying clowe should have just stayed on the bench and not gotten on when his man came off? Pavs got smoked and was done for that shift no matter how much time it was.

You don't see that Pavelski is STILL on the ice during the altercation between Clowe and Shaw?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
You don't see that Pavelski is STILL on the ice during the altercation between Clowe and Shaw?

Pavelski was heading to the door after the hit, thus making it a technically legal change. If players had to be fully off the ice in order for a change to occur, on-the-fly changing would be a nightmare.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

WATCH THE VIDEO. A player does not have to be off the ice before his substitute comes on. Clowe changed on for Pavelski and went to engage Shaw, which drew Pavelski's attention from the bench door to the scrum. At that time the play was blown dead so Pavelski could stay on the ice and stick his nose in the scrum.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Juantimer, no one is saying it wasn't TECHNICALLY a legal change. That's what the Org was able to twist. Clowe got lucky that what he did HAPPENED to be a legal change.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Pavelski was heading to the door after the hit, thus making it a technically legal change. If players had to be fully off the ice in order for a change to occur, on-the-fly changing would be a nightmare.

The door to get off wasn't even open by the time Clowe was in the altercation. However, it looks like Pavs is coming off because of where he was. I see why they said it was a legal change but I know Clowe didn't care if it was legal or not. He loses his mind at times and doesn't care if things are legal or not. I'm pretty sure that when Clowe cooled down and looked at the play he saw how stupid it was. You have to think he knew what he was doing wasn't legal. All he cared about was getting at Shaw.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
It's funny how everyone is asking "what's wrong with Clowe?" after he jumped in to defend one of our most important players after a dirty hit. If he was playing well he probably would have been applauded for that move.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
It's funny how everyone is asking "what's wrong with Clowe?" after he jumped in to defend one of our most important players after a dirty hit. If he was playing well he probably would have been applauded for that move.

If he was playing well I would see that as an even dumber play because we would potentially be down a good top 6 player for a while. There is a time and place for everything, you have to get Shaw back later.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

If he was choosing his battle correctly, he would be. Like Thornton, Thornton isn't producing much either but he's not seeing red, he's not fighting goons, he's fighting guys on his talent level and taking off the other team's best player.

For the record, I was totally in favor of Clowe ripping Shaw's head off. If he'd been able to and hadn't been so much of a moron about it.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Juantimer, no one is saying it wasn't TECHNICALLY a legal change. That's what the Org was able to twist. Clowe got lucky that what he did HAPPENED to be a legal change.

No there is no twist to be made. Watch the ******* video, it shows it clear as day. There is no luck involved because if this happens away from the bench Clowe doesn't get on at all.

The door to get off wasn't even open by the time Clowe was in the altercation. However, it looks like Pavs is coming off because of where he was. I see why they said it was a legal change but I know Clowe didn't care if it was legal or not. He loses his mind at times and doesn't care if things are legal or not. I'm pretty sure that when Clowe cooled down and looked at the play he saw how stupid it was. You have to think he knew what he was doing wasn't legal. All he cared about was getting at Shaw.

No, no, no. The door being open or not means nothing. Pavs looked like he was going off because he was skating the opposite direction of the puck towards the door, which is an open-and-shut case.

Clowe obviously intended it to be a legal substitution because he didn't get on until Shaw was practically back at his bench. He could have gotten on earlier but waited until it was legal to.

Watch the video.
Watch the video.
Watch the video.
Watch the video.
Watch the video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad