Cleveland Browns Unveil Renderings of Potential New Indoor Suburban Stadium

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
wow $2.4 billion to be in the Cleveland suburbs, I know the cost of stadiums have gone up a lot over the years but that would put it ahead of every stadium other than Sofi

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
wow $2.4 billion to be in the Cleveland suburbs, I know the cost of stadiums have gone up a lot over the years but that would put it ahead of every stadium other than Sofi
Probably more than just the stadium.

But these dome stadiums, Ford Field only has a Kenny chesny concert and 2 ncaa football games between now and the end of the nfl season. Not exactly getting a lot of extra events.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
"As part of a counter argument, Jenkins wrote the current stadium needs "substantial improvements" for sustainability. "

lol the substantial improvement would be a better team.

I doubt the Brook Park thing goes anywhere unless the owners suddenly change direction and decide to start footing significantly more of the bill. So far the city has been very unwilling to pay for a majority of the work and Brook Park is poorer and even less likely. Maybe they think they can get money from the state, but I don't think the state has been too thrilled with the idea of footing the bill, either.

I don't follow this super closely, but what I keep seeing is that people think the Brook Park thing is trying to find leverage with the city of Cleveland to get a better deal there. And the city isn't biting. Personally, I'd let them walk. I don't think they actually bring that much money into the area except for whoever owns the parking lots.

Reactions: Voight

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
I thought that was the old stadium since it was like 70K seats for a terrible baseball team, or maybe the city itself.
Yeah that refers to the old Municipal Stadium. Built during the Depression and demolished in 1996 after the Browns left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad