Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The player still gets all their money regardless. Injury insurance would just mean the team gets reimbursed from the insurance company for some of it.
It would be important to Cleveland as they’d get cap credit back for Watson for next season. So it would have been wise for them to have purchased it given that it is a fully guaranteed contract. They owed him $130 mill at the start of this season on his contract still. So it would make sense for them to protect themselves but then again. This is the Cleveland Browns.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
  • Haha
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Looking back this was one of the worst trades in league history

200m for a washed up QB like Watson is hilarious

At least some excuses about rust his first year after not playing for a while but he continued to play like dog shit even after having a full offseason workout regimen

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not going to lie but my heart did sink a little bit watching the guy sobbing while the entire stadium was cheering for his injury.

I know what he did and he's a predator but the image itself was pretty heartbreaking. It was the first time Watson looked remotely fazed by anything around him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looking back this was one of the worst trades in league history

200m for a washed up QB like Watson is hilarious

At least some excuses about rust his first year after not playing for a while but he continued to play like dog shit even after having a full offseason workout regimen

This is a stretch, he was 27 at the time of the trade, not 35.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

bad morals to wish injuries on people but at the same time nobody is missing Watson, let's just say that

his job with Cleveland was horrific and he was long overdue for a benching. So get better I guess, and stay away from those massagists

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Steelersdepot trash talking a player for sexual assault is a little funny given who the most successful QB (or maybe 2nd) in their history is.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Steelersdepot trash talking a player for sexual assault is a little funny given who the most successful QB (or maybe 2nd) in their history is.

Ben was an asshole and certainly made a couple of mistakes, but nobody was out there trying to nominate him for sainthood either

Garrett also showed he was a piece of trash after the Mason Rudolph thing and trying to claim Rudolph used a racial slur to cover for his lack of control

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ben was an asshole and certainly made a couple of mistakes, but nobody was out there trying to nominate him for sainthood either

Garrett also showed he was a piece of trash after the Mason Rudolph thing and trying to claim Rudolph used a racial slur to cover for his lack of control

'A couple of mistakes'

Woof

What fandom does to people huh?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I recall two instances of him being accused of sexual impropriety, that is a couple is it not?

Calling the credible allegations against him a 'couple of mistakes' as if the guy messed up a couple of answers on a test is clearly trying to downplay the disgusting stuff he's done out of fandom.

We're pretty certain that the guy's a rapist for God's sakes. What's wrong with you?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Calling the credible allegations against him a 'couple of mistakes' as if the guy messed up a couple of answers on a test is clearly trying to downplay the disgusting stuff he's done out of fandom.

We're pretty certain that the guy's a rapist for God's sakes. What's wrong with you?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with me, I've never done anything wrong, not so much as a speeding ticket, I never said Ben was a good guy, and neither is Watson, and neither is Garrett for trying to make him out to be a "Model Citizen" who has done "Pretty much everything right"

Watson has been accused of doing the things Ben has done but 10-12 times more

• Wow
Reactions: Melrose Munch

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
There's absolutely nothing wrong with me, I've never done anything wrong, not so much as a speeding ticket, I never said Ben was a good guy, and neither is Watson, and neither is Garrett for trying to make him out to be a "Model Citizen" who has done "Pretty much everything right"

Watson has been accused of doing the things Ben has done but 10-12 times more

You never said he was a good guy but you clearly used language meant to minimize what he did, so at least we now know the first thing you've done wrong in your life.

I don't care to derail the thread with this stuff anyways but you should check your biases because that was pretty gross.

I don't agree with what Garrett is saying but I'm also zero surprised that his teammates are talking like that. It's what always happens when a player gets outed as a piece of trash.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
You never said he was a good guy but you clearly used language meant to minimize what he did, so at least we now know the first thing you've done wrong in your life.

I don't care to derail the thread with this stuff anyways but you should check your biases because that was pretty gross.

I don't agree with what Garrett is saying but I'm also zero surprised that his teammates are talking like that. It's what always happens when a player gets outed as a piece of trash.

If it will make you feel better to hear it directly from me, then Ben is a piece of shit, and likely only escaped punishment due to his celebrity and wealth, does that help? I was under the impression that it was understood as a fact, but now we are clear I hope

Reactions: Melrose Munch

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

bad morals to wish injuries on people but at the same time nobody is missing Watson, let's just say that

his job with Cleveland was horrific and he was long overdue for a benching. So get better I guess, and stay away from those massagists

See if the Browns insured the contract. They get cap relief for 2025 if they did. Since they owed him $130 mill at the start of the season, it would have been wise to insure it.

Browns need every cap dollar they can get. A lot of bills are coming due.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Don’t blame the fans at all for cheering

It is more directed at the owner than anything

When somebody is setting records for being inefficient and he still can’t be benched your fans are going to revolt.

Fans pay the bills

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
See if the Browns insured the contract. They get cap relief for 2025 if they did. Since they owed him $130 mill at the start of the season, it would have been wise to insure it.

Browns need every cap dollar they can get. A lot of bills are coming due.

They insured 13.9mil of it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t blame the fans at all for cheering

It is more directed at the owner than anything

When somebody is setting records for being inefficient and he still can’t be benched your fans are going to revolt.

Fans pay the bills
Watson now has 2 ACL surgeries (same knee?) and now an Achillies. He's not moving anymore. So, for a guy who can't read defenses, it's not going to get any better. A sitting duck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad