Claude Giroux: "Reasons to be Cheerful Part III"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Its a clear bias. The NHL is not stingy with assists, but now because it tapped an opposing players stick that is enough possession to be unasissted? Horse****.

this along with nhl radio and nhl network seemingly going out of their way to not even acknowledge Giroux is very very weird. It seems like an agenda. I may come across as paranoid but its a phenomenon i am just unable to explain

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
this along with nhl radio and nhl network seemingly going out of their way to not even acknowledge Giroux is very very weird. It seems like an agenda. I may come across as paranoid but its a phenomenon i am just unable to explain

giphy.gif

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007

Giroux has 14.

I don't think I've ever complained about any media bias regarding the Flyers because frankly I don't give a shit. But this legitimately pissed me off. It shouldn't because it really doesn't matter. But it does.

EDIT:
Also for those who haven't seen it, Giroux clearly doesn't deserve the Hart based on the fact that he's a dirty liar.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't think I've ever complained about any media bias regarding the Flyers because frankly I don't give a ****. But this legitimately pissed me off. It shouldn't because it really doesn't matter. But it does.

EDIT:
Also for those who haven't seen it, Giroux clearly doesn't deserve the Hart based on the fact that he's a dirty liar.

How the f*** can anyone, let alone Flyers “fans”, not love this guy?

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Reasons to be fearful...

G never wins a cup with the Flyers despite his Flyers HoF career. Just reminds me of Pat LaFontaine with the Isles. Such a productive and prolific scorer but squandered on a team that couldn't get over the top.

Still remember in 2010 how much G had grown by the playoffs.....dude was so crafty. Still is but it was a dazzling and raw craftiness on O......now he is just an all around great player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Reasons to be fearful...

G never wins a cup with the Flyers despite his Flyers HoF career. Just reminds me of Pat LaFontaine with the Isles. Such a productive and prolific scorer but squandered on a team that couldn't get over the top.

Still remember in 2010 how much G had grown by the playoffs.....dude was so crafty. Still is but it was a dazzling and raw craftiness on O......now he is just an all around great player.

After losing in the ECF in 2019, we are winning the Cup in 2020 with Hart in net and Knoblauch at the helm.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Reasons to be fearful...

Do you know who is an EVEN BETTER all around great player? Filppula.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Reasons to be fearful...

Lavy was so great in that run. He recognized that, and would get briere on his line as much as possible, and those two were just brilliant. He got leino with him. Lavy was always double shifting his best players because that is what you do when you want to win......wink wink

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lavy was so great in that run. He recognized that, and would get briere on his line as much as possible, and those two were just brilliant. He got leino with him. Lavy was always double shifting his best players because that is what you do when you want to win......wink wink
Too bad Leighton effed everything up....otherwise G would have had at least 1 cup. The team though caught lightening in a bottle. The flaws started to quickly manifest themselves in the later years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad