Claude Giroux or Henrik Sedin?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who had the better career and better peak?

• H. Sedin peak and career

Votes: 52 69.3%
  • H. Sedin peak, Giroux career

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Giroux peak and career

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Giroux peak, H. Sedin career

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Even

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Henrik Sedin outscored Crosby and Ovechkin in 2010 to win the Art Ross Trophy. Giroux did finish fairly close to McDavid in scoring in 2018 but couldn't beat him.

Giroux's career PPG average is better, but that's aided by the fact that H. Sedin didn't really hit his prime until after the Lockout. I'm not sure you can really hold those first few seasons against him considering usage (the West Coast Express was given the big offensive opportunities). Giroux is a considerably better goal scorer and is also a great passer and playmaker himself. Will have to check, but I feel Giroux may have relied more on the PP for his point production in his prime compared to Henrik. Then again, I don't think he had a steady, long-term linemate as good as Daniel.

It's a closer comparison than it appears to be if you just look at hardware. Will have to think more before voting.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Claude Giroux is being underrated here and I think H. Sedin is really only winning off that 1 art Ross Hart season. But I'd actually say Giroux comes out on top even despite that.

Giroux
Point finishes: 2, 3, 3, 10
PPG: 2, 6, 7
Hart finishes: 3, 4, 4,
Selke: 14, 16, 19

H. Sedin
PPG: 2, 5, 9
Hart: 1, 9, 10
Selke: 23, 24,

This is also ignoring that Sedin played around his twin who was just as good as him. Giroux never played with anyone that good in his prime.

Reactions: trentmccleary

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Giroux was one hell of a player but H. Sedin still gets cited for ways him and his brother played hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad