Classic Wrestling Discussion: Part III & Wrestler Poll

Which 5 wrestlers do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was under the impression it was only going to be on the North Carolina PBS station
I read another story that said it would air nationally soon after the August 8th premiere in the North Carolina region.

EDIT: Looks like I might be out of luck. From the PBS website:

‘When Giants Walked Here’ will premiere on August 8th at 10:00pm on PBS North Carolina and will be available nationally directly after the premiere on the PBS app.

Hopefully it shows up on Youtube or DailyMotion or some other source that I can access.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I read another story that said it would air nationally soon after the August 8th premiere in the North Carolina region.

EDIT: Looks like I might be out of luck. From the PBS website:

‘When Giants Walked Here’ will premiere on August 8th at 10:00pm on PBS North Carolina and will be available nationally directly after the premiere on the PBS app.

Hopefully it shows up on Youtube or DailyMotion or some other source that I can access.
It looks like the PBS app is free, so that is a possibility at least

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
It looks like the PBS app is free, so that is a possibility at least
If I can get the Seattle PBS app then I'll be OK but I think PBS is one of those things that I won't be able to get as a Canadian resident. Like I said before - it might take a while but it will likely show up somewhere that I can watch.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Watching thru some of the old Prime Time Wrestling shows, makes me wonder about all the people who list their greatest matches of all time, clearly none of them saw the Big John Studd vs Ted Arcidi matchup from Season 2 episode 22

At least 7 stars, and that isn't even counting the 6 on the legs of Studd's trunks

• Haha
Reactions: Toothless Legend

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Saw it on reddit. What do you think was the most unprofessional match you have ever seen?

Jeff Hardy vs Sting at Victory Road being an obvious one

There was a match where the Midnight Express embarrassed a jobber who smelled bad. That should be on the list for a few reasons.

There's the entire heroes of wrestling PPV. Lots of dudes were noticeably high on that show.

There was a match in Mid-South I think involving Butch Reed where he shoot beats the ever loving shit out of a jobber. Might have been somebody else.

There was also a match in one of those southern promotions where a white wrestler shoots on a black wrestler. It’s terrible to watch. Had something to do with the black wrestler saying he was the only black guy on the card, or some such.

There’s the Great Sasuke vs Dirt Bike Kid match from Michinoku Pro. That one didn’t look as bad but was super unprofessional

Can’t remember who it was but there was a Perry Saturn match where he shoot beat up a jobber who refused to sell for him. There was another Saturn jobber match where the guy was trying to get the win over Saturn when that wasn’t how it was booked, because it was the jobbers hometown. Those were both on WWF Metal.

Those are off the top of my head. I’m sure there are more, and I know there are some involving the Nasty Boys.

Reactions: sabremike

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Can’t remember who it was but there was a Perry Saturn match where he shoot beat up a jobber who refused to sell for him. There was another Saturn jobber match where the guy was trying to get the win over Saturn when that wasn’t how it was booked, because it was the jobbers hometown. Those were both on WWF Metal.

For one of those, you must be thinking of Perry Saturn vs Mike Bell. Bell accidentally dropped Saturn on his head and then Saturn just beat the shit out of him. This was around 2001-2002 on Metal or Jakked. IIRC, Saturn got into shit for it, may have even had his push halted, and then got stiffed badly as punishment by someone else...maybe APA, can't remember without looking it up.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
For one of those, you must be thinking of Perry Saturn vs Mike Bell. Bell accidentally dropped Saturn on his head and then Saturn just beat the shit out of him. This was around 2001-2002 on Metal or Jakked. IIRC, Saturn got into shit for it, may have even had his push halted, and then got stiffed badly as punishment by someone else...maybe APA, can't remember without looking it up.

Yeah, that’s the one. Mike Bell, respected jobber. It was on Metal for sure. It was the APA who shoot beat his ass on Raw shortly after as sanctioned relatiation, which was also very unprofessional, but sanctioned… but we all know what a great human being the guy sanctioning the ass kicking is.

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, that’s the one. Mike Bell, respected jobber. It was on Metal for sure. It was the APA who shoot beat his ass on Raw shortly after as sanctioned relatiation, which was also very unprofessional, but sanctioned… but we all know what a great human being the guy sanctioning the ass kicking is.
I don't know what Simmons' reputation is but I'm sure a guy like JBL enjoyed it.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sadly a few years later he ended up passing away from IIRC a heart attack. His brother did a documentary on steroids in sports and I believe Mike was one of the subjects. Minor trivia note is he was in a dark match at what ended up being the last ECW PPV (or TV show of any kind) Guilty As Charged 2001.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Have to narrow it down as he did this on multiple occasions. Presuming you mean the crazy match in Florida where he stabbed some guy a dozen times and not the one where he carved open the skull of a 17 year old with an exacto knife.

The former rather than the latter

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Sadly a few years later he ended up passing away from IIRC a heart attack. His brother did a documentary on steroids in sports and I believe Mike was one of the subjects. Minor trivia note is he was in a dark match at what ended up being the last ECW PPV (or TV show of any kind) Guilty As Charged 2001.
Yes Mike Bell was a main subject in that documentary, which i'd recommend to all wrestling fans. It's called "Bigger, Faster, Stronger".. The brother filmmaker is Chris Bell.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

I don't know what Simmons' reputation is but I'm sure a guy like JBL enjoyed it.

Didn't this also lead to the brain damage/moppy gimmick as a punishment? And it actually kinda got over aha.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's not the most unprofessional match, but I think Hogan/Shawn was not very professional a match.

f*** Hogan, he deserves to be clowned on, but Shawn selling like that was pretty ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad