Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Seems like a good trade to me. Moved on from a bad fit with 1 year of term to a better fit for2 years of term.
Yeah they are laaaaaaaaughing. At you

If stutzle doesn’t gel with Perron next year ie a bad fit then we should trade him for a 35 year old vet C and a 3rd

That’s how you do it

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Dorion did a far better job at recouping the assets in the DeBrincat trade.

He signed a contract

Underwhelming but honestly it was to be expected. Jensen on his own has good value.

I bet this defense will be better with Jensen.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
This board was ecstatic when he was acquired, some even arguing he was a #1 D because his stats somehow proved it. I was the lone voice saying "nawwwww man". lol

By mid season people were coming up with trade scenarios. Now he is gone and everyone is moving on to the next saviour/target.

Great times
I agree with the part about last season. The way he was playing was super promising and exciting. Then this season started, he played okay.. then garbage.

Thank christ you were being sarcastic, lol

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I gotta say, as someone who’s about to turn 43… it’s a pretty horrible feeling seeing everyone here call a 34yo basically washed up and useless just because of his age…
comparing yourself to professional sports is wild.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Jensen is a decent defensive guy. I've had him on my fantasy team for the past few seasons so I'm somewhat familiar with him. Good shot blocker but only average hitter. Very little offense, only 71 shots on goal last season.. obviously not his game.

Hopefully he'll help cut our goals against but personally, I would've just kept Chychrun. Not sure what the advantage is trading him for Jensen other than Jensen is undr contract one extra year. I think Chyc would've been better for us overall next season.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I gotta say, as someone who’s about to turn 43… it’s a pretty horrible feeling seeing everyone here call a 34yo basically washed up and useless just because of his age…
It's annoying how automatic it's become where it's based simply on looking up their DOB. The guy hasn't even turned 34 yet even and is on a 2 year deal.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
HAHAHAHA

This Organization is still a clown show. Who should I blame now since Dorion is gone?
It's not sexy names, but I think they've done fine.

#1 Goalie
Korpisalo contract gone
#4 RD
Vet middle 6er
Vet 3rd liner
Vet(ish) Speedy 4th line pker
Some faces gone like Brannstrom, Kastelic, etc. gone to force some change to the group

Reactions: LiseL and milkbag

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
We don't know the marketplace or how long that stevo was looking to trade him for and what the other offers were. I am sure if there was a better offer he would have taken it. I personally probably would have waited to trade him at the trade deadline but we always risk him getting injured which is highly likely because he is very injured pron. Stevo may have wanted his budget set so he could get his shopping and free agency dealt with and not be hampered by a body on the roster that you were going to have to unload. I do feel like they could have been a lot more patient and got a better return though. I don't think stevo won that trade and he'll hear it from the fans. I don't care about the return and it's just not one of those ones you can really justify. Unless someone churns into that rare unicorn. I don't think that's happening here.

I was never high on Chychrun, I will be honest. I always felt he was overrated and I did not know what the big fuss was about. However, I did keep an open mind once he came and did not bad-mouth him or his play. I must admit he has a hell of a shot but his defense and physical game were lacking. For the money it would cost to sign him long-term. I think is better spent elsewhere.

On a deeper team, maybe he is more valuable as an offensive defenseman. However, on the Ottawa Senators we needed somebody who could defend. He was often caught out of position and did not play physical in front of the net clearing players out. I was kind of disappointed by how week he played in front of our own net. For a guy who treats his body like a temple and is in incredible shape, you certainly did not play physical enough for my liking. It doesn't mean fighting or hitting hard, but he was really soft on the puck. He didn't win the battles like he should have for a guy in his shape. I questioned his commitment to the game the way he played to be honest with you.

I actually liked him when he got here cuz he said all the right things and seemed genuinely excited to be here and to be an Ottawa Senator. I also like the fact that he had a connection to the area and the team. However, it was evident that when it came time to extending he was all about getting his bag. He deserves his money as much as the next guy, but I don't feel like he earned it here. I don't think he gave 110% or that we got to see is complete game.

As much as we need top 4D, it didn't work out. At least we tried. I like them as a player and I think he's a super nice guy, but at the end of the day he was not a very good fit for this team. I wish him the best of luck in the future and I think we made a good move by moving on from him.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's not sexy names, but I think they've done fine.

#1 Goalie
Korpisalo contract gone
#4 RD
Vet middle 6er
Vet 3rd liner
Vet(ish) Speedy 4th line pker
Some faces gone like Brannstrom, Kastelic, etc. gone to force some change to the group
I was hoping to get a futures package for Chychrun and sign a UFA like Tanev or Carrier (assuming Roy and Pesce were unrealistic), in terms of the roster turnover, we met my expectations, maybe went a bit beyond up front, and would have liked to see another upgrade on the backed,

The only thing I'm disappointed with is we didn't recoup as much in futures as I'd like,

I think we're stuck bridging Pinto at this point though, I guess unless we trade Joseph, but two big issues have been dealt with, goaltending and PK

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad