Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And longer contract. More than double I think.

Is he mean and crease clearing? No. That’s what management wants. And what you want I thought?
Jensen isn't a crease clearer. He's a stay at home d. Walker spends no time in his zone and is not much different defensively.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's what the Sens need. Someone to take hard defensive zone minutes and PK. Hopefully he fits in and matches well with one of Sanderson or Chabot.

Best of a bad situation. The defense is more balanced, and roles will be more defined.

Last season roles never really seemed to be defined on defense, or forward for that matter.
Good post , I agree slotting is better. They added 2 High iq forward who are pretty versatile and experienced. Both have cups.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Last year Washington had 5 D play over 1000 minutes at 5v5.
Jenson played the 3rd most all strengths minutes TOI/GP 19:37 and the most TOI/GP on the PK
Jenson had the lowest GA/60 ; 2nd lowest SCA/60 2nd lowest HDCA/60; Fewest Ozone Starts/60

His usage was primarily defensive and he faired pretty well.
I see his two most common D partners were Edmundson and Sandin too. Literally two of the worst d-men (defensively) in the league.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
what in the f*** were you watching last season.

#1 in giveaways and defensive zone lost coverage.
Skipped watching this season I see
This board was ecstatic when he was acquired, some even arguing he was a #1 D because his stats somehow proved it. I was the lone voice saying "nawwwww man". lol

By mid season people were coming up with trade scenarios. Now he is gone and everyone is moving on to the next saviour/target.

Great times

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
This board was ecstatic when he was acquired, some even arguing he was a #1 D because his stats somehow proved it. I was the lone voice saying "nawwwww man". lol

By mid season people were coming up with trade scenarios. Now he is gone and everyone is moving on to the next saviour/target.

Great times

Yeah amazing how people change their minds on a player after they see him play on their team. What a crazy concept.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Great times
We were excited and he also sucked. Both things can be true.

Also none of us that he’d be the #1 guy. We just thought he would round out the top 4.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Imagine giving up pick number 12 + 2 second rounders for a guy the league values at Jensen and a 3rd.
uYLbs3s.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad