Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Alright, listen up boys.
Back in oh say, roughly 1975 myself and most of my teammates would play house league hockey to get additional icetime,
It was also to fun to play against each other as well. Even though this is a house league story it pertains.
Anyway, back in 75 the team I was on had Donnie Van Horne in net. Donnie (God rest his sole) was a great baseball player, but also played some hockey and was a damn good goalie. Donnie got injured early in the season and one of my teammate’s (Jack Bauer) Dad panicked and cohersed Chip Fields to come mind our net. Don’t know how a parent that had nothing to do with the team (mgnt/coaching wise) got that done, but I digress (yet again). We had a team that could have won the leagues championship, but with Donnie in the net, not Chip!
Point being - patience is a virtue and jumping the gun is amateur at best.
Stupid story? We’ll sort of, but true nonetheless and imo better than all the chicken little reads. Jack Baur’s Dad was Chicken Little!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What gives you the basis that his value will not ever go up again?
I didn't say not ever, I said its a long shot. He has an injury history and if he gets injured again that will hurt his value. He will be on a crappy team, so how will his production pick up? He had Goligoski as his partner the year he succeeded and scored more goals. Goli could stay home while Chych went up the ice, they were also a 3/4D pair so they didn't get the toughest assignments, now Chych is the 1D, he gets tougher matchups with a worse D partner. All of this makes it tougher for Chych to get more goals and points to increase his value while at the same time he needs to stay healthy.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
I didn't say not ever, I said its a long shot. He has an injury history and if he gets injured again that will hurt his value. He will be on a crappy team, so how will his production pick up? He had Goligoski as his partner the year he succeeded and scored more goals. Goli could stay home while Chych went up the ice, they were also a 3/4D pair so they didn't get the toughest assignments, now Chych is the 1D, he gets tougher matchups with a worse D partner. All of this makes it tougher for Chych to get more goals and points to increase his value while at the same time he needs to stay healthy.
Yep. This is the truth. I think Chychrun is more likely to decrease his value sadly. I never wanted to trade Chychrun. Ideally I wish we were good enough to use him properly.

Back on earth we all know the coyotes are going to suck and Chychrun is someone who we just don’t need currently. Could we use him in 3 years? I hope so!! Guess what also happens in 3 years? Gone for nothing.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Anyway, back in 75 the team I was on had Donnie Van Horne in net.

Did Donnie want to play for your team? Was it crappy playing with Chip because you lost championship? Think you gave my arguments:)

Why is talking facts is Chicken Little?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Not much appeal to Kastelic. Don't care that he's from AZ.
Big, hits like a truck, fights, wins a ton of draws, could be the next Paul Gaustad.

I’m ranking him below the following assets:

1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Greig
4. Sogaard
5. Kleven
6. Boucher
7. Jarventie
8. Thomson
9. Ostapchuk
10. Sokolov
11. ‘23 2nd
12. Brannstrom
13. JBD
14. Hamara

So he’s not a major part of the proposal. Like a 3rd rounder basically

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Rank these Chychrun proposals:

A. Dumoulin, Poulin, Blomqvist, '23 1st, '23 2nd

B. Iafallo, Durzi, Vilardi, '23 1st

C. Zaitsev, Sogaard, Boucher, '23 1st, '23 2nd

B, A, C

Though B & A are virtually equal for me, whereas I'm not sold on Boucher and it's not enough value for either JC or the Zaitsev dump. Have to add another 2nd if that's the package IMO.

With A: it should provide the starting goalie of the future + a middle 6 F + the 1st & 2nd + a guy in Dumoulin who should garner a really nice trade return at the deadline.

With B: I'd probably take Vilardi over Poulin as it stands today, but I think the value of the deal will depend on how much Durzi and Iafallo can be flipped for. I think Durzi could bring back a nice return, but I'm less certain with Iafallo given the flat cap. I think that package is also light by a 2nd.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Durzi is still unsigned and LA only has 1.5 in capspace. LA has a ton of offensive minded RD. They need an LD badly.

Vilardi is on a 1way deal and is also out of waiver exemption (as is JAD, who at least has a 2way). Losing one or both for nothing would be a very tough pill to swallow but they don’t have much leverage.

They’re both 23 years old, and are likely NHL players this season. So they’re a little older than what most of us expect for Chychrun but they’re still young enough to fit into the plan. If we were able to get 2023 1st in the deal, I imagine that would be tempting. Those seem to be highly prized and closely guarded.
Chychrun’s value is low now.
Coyotes will not be able to receive 2023 1st in the deal for him.
I would say Durzi, Vilardi and 2nd will be the best offer and it will be risky move for Kings.
Nobody wants to pay premium for always injured player.
Only if Chychrun is going to have good injury free season Arizona will get good return for him around TDL.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I would say Durzi, Vilardi and 2nd will be the best offer and it will be risky move for Kings.
Only if Chychrun is going to have good injury free season Arizona will get good return for him around TDL.
That’s a very dumb opinion.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Gogo AND OEL. Most were down on OEL and Gogo, but those two ate a lot of tough minutes and helped keep some of the pressure off Chych, and let Chych play his game. Now we have crap back there to help Chych and last year Chych was getting the OEL treatment from other teams. On top of that, Chych was not happy with the way AT used him. Maybe the injuries, his play, and not being happy with the coach pushed Chych away. Also, this might have been the first time Chych had some adversity in the NHL and everything snowballed. Hopefully, getting away for the summer to heal and time to clear his head will result in the player we know. I understand why he wants out, probably more than him do, but he has a contract and I expect him to play up to his capabilities.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have no idea what the value of Chychrun is. What BA wants would be overpayment in my opinion, but that is his value to the Coyotes is BA's eyes. As always, time will tell.:)

Reactions: kinghock

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
One thing we certainly have on our side is time for to let this whole situation sort itself out. There’s absolutely no pressure to move Chick quickly. He isn’t a locker room cancer and despite the injuries he doesn’t have an expiration date stamped on his heel.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Okay. So everyone chose C. Now I want to see how low you’ll go. Which one is your “walk-way” point? Vote for 1st Chychrun deal you would NOT accept:

A.
Zaitsev, Sogaard, Boucher, '23 1st, '23 2nd

B.
Zaitsev, Sogaard, Boucher, '23 1st

C.
Zaitsev, Sogaard, Brannstrom, '23 1st

D.
Zaitsev, Boucher, Brannstrom, ‘23 1st

E.
“I would be willing to go even lower”

I think A is the ONLY one I would accept. Have to at least include the 2nd rounder as part of the Zaitsev dump (if Zaitsev is included) if Boucher/Brannstrom is one of the main pieces.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
One thing we certainly have on our side is time for to let this whole situation sort itself out. There’s absolutely no pressure to move Chick quickly. He isn’t a locker room cancer and despite the injuries he doesn’t have an expiration date stamped on his heel.
No we don't, time is our enemy not our friend. Besides all the other reasons I already presented as to why Chych's value has dropped and is likely to drop further, there is one more: His contract. It is a great contract but the more time that goes by, the less time his new team has his services at that contract level.

BA is hoping, maybe praying, that if he keeps Chych he will play well, stay injury free, somehow get more point production on this crappy team and therefor increase his trade value. The more time that goes by the more I think BA is over playing his hand. I understand why it was tougher to trade him at the TDL, less suiters, but this summer and at the draft, that is the time deals are made and teams have the most flexibility to get something done, yet nothing got done. It's a red flag for me.

Reactions: Coyotes19c

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Big, hits like a truck, fights, wins a ton of draws, could be the next Paul Gaustad.

I’m ranking him below the following assets:

1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Greig
4. Sogaard
5. Kleven
6. Boucher
7. Jarventie
8. Thomson
9. Ostapchuk
10. Sokolov
11. ‘23 2nd
12. Brannstrom
13. JBD
14. Hamara

So he’s not a major part of the proposal. Like a 3rd rounder basically

If the first 4 guys on that list are not available (because I suspect OTT would not want to move Sogaard), then I want 2 of the players between 5 and 9. Two out of Jarventie, Ostapchuk, Kleven, Boucher & Thomson.

My guess is that OTT would probably rather keep Thomson based on their lack RD depth. I'm really not sold on Boucher after his last year, so my preference is 2 out Jarventie/Ostapchuk/Kleven.

BA's choice of 2 of those 3 + a 1st round pick. And if BA is high enough on those 2 guys, perhaps he wouldn't even ask for an extra pick for taking on Zaitsev. If BA thinks they're good but not amazing, then OTT has to include a 2nd for Zaitsev (if not in 2023, I'd want the '24 or '26).

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If the first 4 guys on that list are not available (because I suspect OTT would not want to move Sogaard), then I want 2 of the players between 5 and 9. Two out of Jarventie, Ostapchuk, Kleven, Boucher & Thomson.

My guess is that OTT would probably rather keep Thomson based on their lack RD depth. I'm really not sold on Boucher after his last year, so my preference is 2 out Jarventie/Ostapchuk/Kleven.

BA's choice of 2 of those 3 + a 1st round pick. And if BA is high enough on those 2 guys, perhaps he wouldn't even ask for an extra pick for taking on Zaitsev. If BA thinks they're good but not amazing, then OTT has to include a 2nd for Zaitsev (if not in 2023, I'd want the '24 or '26).
I’d love to add Kleven. His not having a contract is worrisome. Don’t want to get reverse McBain/Smith.

Reactions: jmelm

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone hear any new Chychrun rumors? All I hear are crickets. Makes me wonder if there's any action at all, behind the scenes.
The sound you hear is just the panic on this forum from users who now think Chychrun is worthless because he got a little nicked up in training.

It will be quiet until camp breaks. Anyone with interest will check in on the price and if it is still a premium they either pay up or they wait to see how camp goes and what injuries happen between now and the start of season. There are a few teams who think they have improved but their bluelines remain a red flag. Once that becomes apparent during training camp we may see some rumors pick up again.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The sound you hear is just the panic on this forum from users who now think Chychrun is worthless because he got a little nicked up in training.
Morgan has confirmed that Chychrun is still rehabbing the injury from last season. I haven't heard any mention of it being new from off-season training or being as minor as just "nicked up." Where are you hearing that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Anyway, back in 75 the team I was on had Donnie Van Horne in net.

Did Donnie want to play for your team? Was it crappy playing with Chip because you lost championship? Think you gave my arguments:)

Why is talking facts is Chicken Little?
All I read is fear.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Morgan has confirmed that Chychrun is still rehabbing the injury from last season. I haven't heard any mention of it being new from off-season training or being as minor as just "knicked up." Where are you hearing that?
Chych is like Hanzal all over again. If he is still rehabbing, that night explain why he has not been traded yet at anywhere close to the price BA wants.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Gogo AND OEL. Most were down on OEL and Gogo, but those two ate a lot of tough minutes and helped keep some of the pressure off Chych, and let Chych play his game. Now we have crap back there to help Chych and last year Chych was getting the OEL treatment from other teams. On top of that, Chych was not happy with the way AT used him. Maybe the injuries, his play, and not being happy with the coach pushed Chych away. Also, this might have been the first time Chych had some adversity in the NHL and everything snowballed. Hopefully, getting away for the summer to heal and time to clear his head will result in the player we know. I understand why he wants out, probably more than him do, but he has a contract and I expect him to play up to his capabilities.
Yep, the constantly maligned Gologoski, is now receiving praise. You just can’t make up this type of backward thinking, no intelligent person would believe it!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Morgan has confirmed that Chychrun is still rehabbing the injury from last season. I haven't heard any mention of it being new from off-season training or being as minor as just "nicked up." Where are you hearing that?
it's all in the interpretation of the word "rehabbing" which was outlined several posts before this. Did Morgan say it was the same injury in his report? I don't know if he specifically confirmed that.

I do think it is slightly funny (and this is not a shot at you Kai) that Morgan is a solid source on some things but when it came to an actual trade rumor he was all of a sudden an untrustworthy source.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai Yo T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad