Choice: Scuderi or Regehr?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Scuds without question, unfortunately i doubt LA can afford him. i think for it to happen he will have give the hometown discount to fit him in.

i dont know the LTIR rules enough, so here is a question i haven't seen yet concerning WM. what if he returns and then goes back down permanently 2 months into the season. can he still be moved to the LTIR? or can this only be done during the summer months?

i pose this scenario because it may be a worst case scenario. if WM returns and only plays for 1-2 months and the knee fails again. LA is now down WM and the salary, not to mention possibly the loss of Scuds over the summer because DL thought WM was ready to go.

Bickell is not the answer to LA's problems at LW. he is this PO's D King most likely. another Kontos. LA needs a consistent scoring LW that can pot 20+ G's a season, not another big grinder. Bickell's body of work is to small to think he is the answer

He can go back on LTIR if he comes back and gets re-injured.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The plus side is that Scuderi is an older guy, if his family is settled in here he may not want to move again.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
They can't afford Mitchell and Scuderi. If LA can drop Mitchell's contract, then the kings could bring him back for a couple years. In 2013 Dustin Brown, and Matt Greene will be free agents. So LA will need money to give them pay raises. Plus the Kings still need sign another Left winger that can score, like Bryan Bickell. And they will need to sign a free agent goalie, to replace Bernier, who will be traded in the offseason. If Carter, Kopitar, and Richards all play center then you can trade Stoll. And that could save the kings some money to sign Scuderi.

All of those guys make to much to be playing a number 3 center.
And did you look at what losing Stoll did to our faceoffs vs SJ?
That is just one of the things on the ice. But I have heard Sutter talk about how he is off the ice. We really can't afford to move Stoll. It would hurt way too much. He might be a little overpaid but he is does so much more than what is on the score sheet.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Penner won't be back. For 2-2.5 million he would, but some jackass GM will offer him 4-4.5 million.

Penner will be back at 3 mill... lucky for the kings he's lazy during the regular season.
-Someone could take a stab at him for 4-4.5
-Penner likes So Cal
-Lazy, don't think he wants to relocate
-Divorce, Manhattan beach=win
-Think he's happy here, 2 cups already... Penner's in chill mode
-Besides Carter needs a big enforcer/wingman around when he picks up some other guys girl....:laugh:

One point for Penner leaving: The beard does get a little sweaty in the So Cal heat.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Penner is done. He was lucky he got a deal last year...won't happen again...it was all based on that goal against the Coyotes...

11 goals in 117 regular season games as a King? Embarrassing.

Luckily, he has 6 goals and 11 assists in 42 playoff games and a few of those were big...besides that.....WORTHLESS.

Even those numbers show 17 points in 42 playoff games. Not good.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The only way Penner returns is if he takes an insane pay cut, to the tune of a 50% cut or more. And even so, I think he's going to be the lowest of priorities for Lombardi. First thing is to deal with Voynov, then Scuderi, then the Bernier trade.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings really need to address the LW position. Brown has been playing out of position for years. We traded Gagne, a LW. Penner, a LW, is a UFA.

A 2nd line LW is the priority. Toffoli is a RW and even if they switch him to LW, does adding another sniper really help the Carter-Richards line? They need a bigger, gritty guy, which is why Clifford and Penner have switched off with them. The next option at LW is Dwight King. Enough said.

Either through UFA or a trade the Kings need to bring in a big LW'er.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Kings really need to address the LW position. Brown has been playing out of position for years. We traded Gagne, a LW. Penner, a LW, is a UFA.

A 2nd line LW is the priority. Toffoli is a RW and even if they switch him to LW, does adding another sniper really help the Carter-Richards line? They need a bigger, gritty guy, which is why Clifford and Penner have switched off with them. The next option at LW is Dwight King. Enough said.

Either through UFA or a trade the Kings need to bring in a big LW'er.

Tanner Pearson says hi! He would like a shot at the job.

He is now updated to being 6'1" 210lbs. He turns 21 in August so he won't likely get any taller but he could get a little bigger. Kid plays with heart and has good hands. I could see him as the banger on the second line LW or at least as a massive upgrade over Cliffs and Kinger (they belong where they belong. unfair to play them in roles that they aren't suited for and then bytch at them for failing).

Clarkson and Bickel are the only two big bodied LW's who might be better but they are gonna cost a bunch. Bickel is going to earn in the $4m per range and Clarkson wont be too far behind. Lots of cash.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I don't see Scuderi, or Mitchel coming back. Kings won't be able to match what Scuds is offered as a UFA with giving Voynov a raise. We'll probably see Ellerby or a rookie get a shot at the position. Unless Scuderi takes a pay cut to stay vs a raise to leave.

As far as Penner.... I believe the kings need size to stay competitive with teams like the sharks and others. Ditching Penner for a 200lber isn't going to help with those match-ups. Kings didn't win 1 road game against the sharks in the 7 games series this year. Which was decided by the last game of the season...

Could be crazy, just don't see getting enough for around 3 mill to make a significant improvement. With the salary cap going to be hard to pay more. Also take into account the defensive style of the kings and I would expect a drop in scoring from most people they could bring in.

Penner has also been looking good with TT

Would like to see how Pearson does. Also Kitsyn if/when he makes it back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad