Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
@CraigJButton: Hey @NHLDevils fans in @OHLHockey action @StingHockey @Pavel_Zacha with 3 goals & 2 assists. Looking dominant.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Blackwood stops 30/31 shots for Barrie

Had a shutout going until Connor Chatham scored for Flint with 3:38 left in the game...still a dominant performance by Blackwood

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I can't wait to see what Hynes can do with Henrique, Palmieri, Zacha, Wood, Blandisi, Quenneville, Kalinin, and a few key additions.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I can't wait to see what Hynes can do with Henrique, Palmieri, Zacha, Wood, Blandisi, Quenneville, Kalinin, and a few key additions.

With the exception of Wood, there is high likelihood all those players are in the line up next year. Weird thing is so many of them can play center or wing. 5 of the 6 players named have played both. That is a good situation with lots of options.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
crop_27588368_27_1448163567.jpeg

I'm assuming it's Zacha and further assuming that he's wearing a sombrero for the hat trick. Here's video highlights from last night's game: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/d503f096228dc32337de19e1ad572e2c

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Encouraging. I'd love for him to shut up all the naysayers. Why he gets so much hate is because I think he's a Devils prospect.

I've always been a Zacha fan and defended him. However, there is some fairness in looking at his low point totals and scratch your head. Obviously, a deeper look at his performance as well as scouting reports supported his talent and 'worthiness' of his draft position, many critics take the easy route of just stat watching. I think it's had more to do with laziness and numbers than Devils hate.

I agree, I hope he starts to go off and we don't have to deal with detractors much more.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I've always been a Zacha fan and defended him. However, there is some fairness in looking at his low point totals and scratch your head. Obviously, a deeper look at his performance as well as scouting reports supported his talent and 'worthiness' of his draft position, many critics take the easy route of just stat watching. I think it's had more to do with laziness and numbers than Devils hate.

I agree, I hope he starts to go off and we don't have to deal with detractors much more.

I watched a few of the highlight videos and he just takes over the game on his goals and times when he sets up players.

I'm not concerned about his point totals, especially assists.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I watched a few of the highlight videos and he just takes over the game on his goals and times when he sets up players.

I'm not concerned about his point totals, especially assists.

He's a beast...I still think he's a future first-liner. I'd just love for the Devils to find another top forward for him to work with, someone who can make plays as well as score. I have high hopes for this year's pick.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He's a beast...I still think he's a future first-liner. I'd just love for the Devils to find another top forward for him to work with, someone who can make plays as well as score. I have high hopes for this year's pick.

I agree. If we can win the Matthews sweepstakes, we are set for the future.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Matthews would of course be amazing. You could sign a vet/trade for one, have Matthews, Zacha, Henrique, Palmieri, and Cammy in the top6. It would be a great blend of veteran experience, youth, and talent. Then, ideally, Wood makes his way in and replaces one of the older vets.

However, I'm not looking at Matthews as realistic. Based on where we could be picking I think the highest-end talent could be someone like Nylander. The prospect gurus will know more than me, but he seems to fit the mold of a Hynes player with his speed and skill. Also, while he can certainly score, he appears to be someone who is very good at also setting up his teammates. I just get the feeling he and Zacha could be dominant together. For those who know more, is that a fair assessment?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That's my dream, but I refuse to tank.

I agree.

If it happens, it happens, but I'm not advocating to get rid of everyone to try to get Matthews.

It just in general sends the wrong message to the fans and players, in my opinion. I'm still disgusted by what Buffalo did. I give Arizona a pass since they only started it mid-season last year when they realized it would be better for the organization, but Buffalo was looking to get McDavid for more than two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad