Pre-Game Talk: Chipchee Redeemed

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's really too bad I missed all of game 6. This Monday the Edmonton Oilers have an opportunity to achieve something nobody has ever witnessed on live television... What an amazing story it would be to win in 7 after being down 3 and be remembered as the new comeback kids. Would not only be great for hockey. It would also be a legendary moment in Canadian history.

This team's players desire to get the cup is incredibly strong. All they need to do now is win 1 more tough game and give Stanley a kiss for and in behalf of all of us. :heart:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Definitely is gonna be the hardest to win. Think we see a different Panther team know knowing they could actually lose the series this game.

First goal is gonna be massive
I said before game 5 that game 5 would be the hardest to win and I stand by that

We could still lose game 7 of course. A couple bad bounces and we are skating up hill. Scoring first is a big deal. But, even if that happens this team can fight back

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Brings back chills, but for all the wrong reasons. I was at game 6 in 2006 and after the dominating win by the Oilers, the letdown from game 7 was so huge at the time. Really hope we're not about to experience deja vu in a couple days time.
I feel you 100%.

I posted along these lines in another thread, but part of what made that series different IMO was that the Canes' losses were far closer than anything Florida has experienced (Game 6 being the obvious exception). Even though Carolina lost Games 5 & 6, they bounced back in Game 4 after losing Game 3, which gave them a major psychological advantage to draw upon.

Florida, as of yet, has not shown that bounce-back ability to the degree that they need to (unless you count Game 2). Based on the end of Game 5, many thought that they'd come flying out of the gates for Game 6 - only to be outshot 11-2 in the first period.

If the Oilers can continue what they've done so far - capitalize on mistakes, exploit with speed, and give themselves a wide-enough scoring margin to deflate the Panthers' confidence - I think it'll be time to plan the parade.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What an epic comeback to get this series to this one game, winner take all showdown. No OT wins, no fluke goals, just hard work and determination to battle back, just like the blue-collar workers Edmonton is known for. I will say though, Edmonton has been the better team in 5 of the first 6 games.

I will say this again: Florida I think is jet-lagged from all this travel and 2 hour time changes. They’re not used to flying hours on end back and forth practically across the continent, unlike Edmonton. Flying back and forth to LA (even though it was one trip there and back) and then to Dallas benefitted them. Florida had to go up and down the east coast, that’s it. The longer this series went, the more it would favour the Oilers just based off the long travel alone.

Win game 7. I don’t care how, just win.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I never replaced the cat avatar
1630016711090.jpg

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Brings back chills, but for all the wrong reasons. I was at game 6 in 2006 and after the dominating win by the Oilers, the letdown from game 7 was so huge at the time. Really hope we're not about to experience deja vu in a couple days time.
It really was devastating as a fan. But what made it worse was the team was basically dismantled immediately after.

If this core stays together we can make the finals multiple times in the next few years, I’m still optimistic no matter what happens on Monday.

Hopefully we win it decisively and we’re not all having heart attacks. Panthers have to be desperate now, and hockey games can be decided by weird bounces, never know what’ll happen. But I’m pretty confident we’re gonna see Connor lifting Stanley victoriously above his head, it’s gonna be f***ing amazing if it happens

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It really was devastating as a fan. But what made it worse was the team was basically dismantled immediately after.

If this core stays together we can make the finals multiple times in the next few years, I’m still optimistic no matter what happens on Monday.

Hopefully we win it decisively and we’re not all having heart attacks. Panthers have to be desperate now, and hockey games can be decided by weird bounces, never know what’ll happen. But I’m pretty confident we’re gonna see Connor lifting Stanley victoriously above his head, it’s gonna be f***ing amazing if it happens
The 2006 team was loaded with mercenaries who were basically one and done, get out of town players. I sense the opposite with our current group.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Cats have already tried to fight back and like I said, it wouldn’t be enough. Unfortunately, Maurice doesn’t think his EXPOSED system requires changing. They will play the same way and hope for a different result, cause it’s the only game they learned how to play all year. Too late to change anything now. Team is not prepared for it.

The Oilers need only to play their same game. Continue exposing that hard Florida forecheck with quick outlets. Continue outskating and outpacing them. Continue with high execution rush offence. Solid knob defence to support Skinner. Continue our elite special teams play. And this series will be ours!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Edmonton's drafting has been pretty dam good top 4 scorers all draft pick roster has 11 home grown draft picks on roster

It is amazing how much Holloway and Broberg taking steps here looks better on Holland. His drafting record was looking pretty bleak. It’s amazing how fast things change.

Definitely is gonna be the hardest to win. Think we see a different Panther team know knowing they could actually lose the series this game.

First goal is gonna be massive

I do think the first goal is important. I think if Edmonton scores first they have a chance to mentally detonate the Panthers and Bobrovsky.

But if Florida scores first, will probably give them some confidence and I think it will be a much more difficult game.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The Cats have already tried to fight back and like I said, it wouldn’t be enough. Unfortunately, Maurice doesn’t think his EXPOSED system requires changing. They will play the same way and hope for a different result, cause it’s the only game they learned how to play all year. Too late to change anything now. Team is not prepared for it.

The Oilers need only to play their same game. Continue exposing that hard Florida forecheck with quick outlets. Continue outskating and outpacing them. Continue with high execution rush offence. Solid knob defence to support Skinner. Continue our elite special teams play. And this series will be ours!

I think Knoblauch has figured Maurice out. We just need equal goaltending. If Skinner outplays Bob like he has since game 4, Florida is in trouble.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think Knoblauch has figured Maurice out. We just need equal goaltending. If Skinner outplays Bob like he has since game 4, Florida is in trouble.
When they first announced the firing of Woodcroft and hiring of Knoblauch, I wasn’t sure a raw rookie NHL coach was going to be the answer. But I quickly saw how intelligent of a coach he is. He immediately reminded me of Cooper, just a brilliant mind at reading the other team and figuring out how to exploit their system and players. How he wasn’t up for the Adams considering they were 2-9-1 when he took over and finished the season with something like a .720 winning percentage is nothing short of incredible but also a massive snub for coach of the year.

Tochett should sack up and tell the league there’s this guy in Edmonton who deserves it more than he does. But…I’m pretty sure there’s a different trophy Knoblauch would rather get his name on instead of that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad