Chip Kelly is the new 49er coach

Captain Mittens*

Your "Rams" have Jeff Fisher.
Hopefully he can re-spark the relocation run that the Titans went on after they moved

The Rams announced they were moving a couple days ago. Of course they got some La fans now, but they won't really build the fan base until tickets go for sell and the season starts getting closer.
They still have fans though. I'm sure it's a very similar situation at the Oakland Raiders went through when they returned to Oakland. Raider fans got their jerseys out of the closet and started cheering for their old the team again.

In case you missed it. Thousands of LA Rams fans had a rally at The Colliseum last weekend

460x.jpg

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
- Boldin is soon to be 36 and best days are behind him
- Smith is not a top WR and needs a QB who can hit him in stride deep
- Draughn and Hyde haven't proven much and neither has been that impressive in NFL thus far

Seriously what on earth has Draughn done in NFL?

-They're not Bears so they suck,,,,,,

You asked for playmakers, not elite football players.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
- Boldin is soon to be 36 and best days are behind him
- Smith is not a top WR and needs a QB who can hit him in stride deep
- Draughn and Hyde haven't proven much and neither has been that impressive in NFL thus far

Seriously what on earth has Draughn done in NFL?

I dunno Mr. Cutler, Gabbert hit him in stride to beat your Bears in OT.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Shaun Draughn 5 year NFL career

41 GP - 6 Starts
151 ATT
527 yds rushing (3.5 avg)
3 TD's
51 Rec
334 yds receiving (6.5 avg)
0 TD's

Yeah sure is a playmaker there :laugh:
I didn't mention Draughn. DuJuan Harris was actually more of a playmaker than Draughn in his limited time.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
To be serious, I think Chip Kelly the head coach will be fine. Chip Kelly the GM was the problem in Philly.

The biggest problem is the possible clash with York + Baalke. Chip has a big ego, Harbaugh had a big one too. We'll see if it works out this time, but if he is just a head coach, he'll be fine.

And come on, lets not get butt hurt about the lack of talent on the 49ers. BWC isn't wrong there, no need to get all defensive.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's only a matter of time before kelly and ownership start clashing

like others have said, the problem in philly wasn't kelly's coaching abilities but rather his moves as a GM. as long as he's not the GM he should be fine

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Nothing wrong with Hyde and DuJuan Harris could be a stud if he gets a chance. They need WRs long-term but with the way Kelly likes to throw to the TEs and backs it shouldn't be an issue right now. I think they're probably going to throw to the TE's a ton with a few emerging players there. Quick throws and uptempo offense will help the OL too. Kelly will get the most out of what they've got on offense, you can bet on that. He's still a good coach and an especially good offensive mind.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
To be serious, I think Chip Kelly the head coach will be fine. Chip Kelly the GM was the problem in Philly.

The biggest problem is the possible clash with York + Baalke. Chip has a big ego, Harbaugh had a big one too. We'll see if it works out this time, but if he is just a head coach, he'll be fine.

And come on, lets not get butt hurt about the lack of talent on the 49ers. BWC isn't wrong there, no need to get all defensive.

Tom Gamble is the go between. The 49ers need more pieces on offense. They have the draft and F.A. to address that. BWC just ***** on anything 49ers or Chip Kelly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
49ers offense lacks playmakers and talent ,, The overall roster isn't that talented

Team is 4th best in division and they likely have 4th best coach in division now. Its just what it is Gene

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, Kelly is worse than 5 winning seasons in 22 years Jeff Fisher.

Arians and Carroll are both elite, top 5 hc's, so it's not like that's much of an insult.

Looking at the roster now in January and making
judgement is just stupid. The team has 50 mil in cap space and a ton of draft picks. Get back to me in May.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This will be an interesting watch. With the way people talk about Chip Kelly and his personality, it sounds like the Niners kinda just got another Harbaugh. He can coach though so it could work if everyone can get along. I have my doubts about that even if there's a middle man in there to keep the peace.

I guess now maybe Kaepernick sticks around? Really seemed like they were done with him and he was done with them.

From last week:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Chip Kelly has had like one bad year in his entire head coaching career. But it's the only thing that anyone remembers because it was the last one. What have you done for me lately is the worst thing about sports.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Chip Kelly has had like one bad year in his entire head coaching career. But it's the only thing that anyone remembers because it was the last one. What have you done for me lately is the worst thing about sports.

Doesn't help that he made all those personnel changes and then still had the team play so poorly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

He succeeded with Reid's roster

Then proceeded to remove Reid guys for his own and team fell apart

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
This will be an interesting watch. With the way people talk about Chip Kelly and his personality, it sounds like the Niners kinda just got another Harbaugh. He can coach though so it could work if everyone can get along. I have my doubts about that even if there's a middle man in there to keep the peace.

I guess now maybe Kaepernick sticks around? Really seemed like they were done with him and he was done with them.

From last week:

Middlekauf is the biggest clown in bay area sports radio. All 3 of those players have been model citizens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00