Proposal: Chicago - Edmonton Nurse for Jones

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Only on HF can the worst team in the league have their fans pretend Seth Jones isn't just as horrendous with a worse contract. This is like trading a left handed lemon for a more expensive right handed lemon.

Jones is paid 250k, and that's all that separates their contracts. Both are dreadful but one plays RHD and produces at the same rate without the likes of McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman and etc.

Nobody is saying Jones is good. I don't think even the most bias Hawk fan is going to defend his contract. He's still better than Nurse by virtue of playing right and having essentially no one to work with. And from the little I've watched of the Hawks, Jones doesn't need a babysitter. At least not the way Nurse does.

This whole idea is moot anyway. Nurse has a full NMC until 2027. Like hell is he waiving that for Chicago.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I wish HF had a search function because I fell like this was discussed recently already.

Why would Chicago consider this without an incentive coming along with Nurse?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Both guys are shit but Jones has more value as a RHD

Jones is shit on a shit team while Nurse is shit on a good team. Favours Jones.

I'd personally laugh my ass off if Chicago made this trade 1 for 1

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It would be a pointless trade with no benefit. Neither is worth their contract and neither adds more or anything different then the other will to a team.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
It would be a pointless trade with no benefit. Neither is worth their contract and neither adds more or anything different then the other will to a team.

Value favours the Oilers and it would benefit them more than it would the Blackhawks. With Jones, it allows the Oilers to shift Broberg back to his natural LD. Hawks don't seem to have a pressing need for LD at all.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Learn to watch hockey.
Yeah, I watched your team finish back to back bottom 2. Imagine pumping up a guy who is the worst player on the worst team in the league and acting like other people should "learn to watch hockey". Nurse got like 80 minutes pp time all year compared to Jones 214 the only reason anyone is agreeing with you is because they want to dunk on the Oilers if it was any other teams overpaid/overrated defenseman Jones would be treated exactly like Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad