Proposal: Chicago-Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
It is not my lack of reading what you wrote it is you inability to understand what I am saying.

Rundblad only played because Gus and Sved were so bad that Q had no choice. Q said more than they were just ok at the end of the season. The fact that he did this shows how bad he thought they played and it is a bad sign for both going forward.

Both Svedberg and Gus were not as good as Pokka when they were sent down to Rockford. Offensively and defensively.

This is not a hard concept to understand but top prospects routinely jump lesser players on a regular basis when teams feel the prospect is ready. That time is now for Pokka.

Again, where is this quote?

Also,to the second statement, you are far overstating your own opinion over that of the front office and Q as if you are going to make this decision for them.

Despite your assessment that Gus and Svedberg were inferior to Pokka both offensively AND defensively, then how in the world did both play a combined 8 playoff games when Pokka got 0 when all the black aces were brought up?

Are Bowman and Q just stupid that the prospect outplaying both Svedberg and Gus on both ends of ice cant even get his NHL audition at a time the Blackhawks badly needed defensive depth? To the point they brought Rundblad back into the fold after casting him off to Europe all season like Huet?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Having seen Pokka play live and in person for the last 2 years I will offer this comment...He's a much better talent than svedburg could ever hope to be...BUT...He disappeared for shifts and even games at a time 2 years ago...and last year did the same for periods of time. There were games when I had to look on the bench to see if they had even brought him to Chicago.

Blackhawks brass are at every game against the Wolves with Bowman being there when in town...Pokka was pedestrian at best for large portions of games. He has the talent but hasn't been able to put it together for consistent games.

The fact that they called up almost Everyone in rockford but him speaks volumes about where they feel his development is...as bad as Svedburg is, I watched him shoot a puck into his own net (ala Steve Smith, also a game winner) even he went up ahead of Pokka.

Maybe this is the year he finally puts it together, but unless he impresses the hell out of them in the WCH and the rest of camp he will be right back in Rockford again.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I wouldn't mind adding Pokka to the mix, but he doesn't currently have the trade value of Rieder. And with 10 D-men with NHL experience on the roster, and DeAngelo where he's at in his development, I'm not sure where Pokka would fit. He doesn't have a single game of NHL experience and that would put him in a tough spot of competing with 11 other guys for game and ice time.

Maybe Rieder + Mayo for Pokka + McNeil?

I would do that in a heartbeat, but the problem is the cap and what Rieder is asking for

The point you made with Pokka and the logjam to fit in with the Arizona roster is the same issue we are currently arguing above. Pokka is not head and shoulders above a few guys and if anything, he is likely fighting for the 6/7 spot, which is not a great spot to be in.

I think Deangelo and Pokka are at different crossroads here. I have heard Deangelo took a relative step back in the past year after having his stock being pretty high in the previous years (hence why Izodman cut bait early) . Pokka on the other hands seems to be marinating and pretty ready for NHL action now, but cant't find the daylight to get on the NHL roster in Chicago now.

If the Pokka of today was trying to make last years Blackhawks roster, he would have made it. Problem is the Hawks added Campbell and Kempny this summer and now erased the spot he could of had this year now that he is seemingly knocking at the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad