Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Zadorov is a bottom pair guy. Anything over 4 atrocious.

Guentzel... Somebody is going to overpay him. He's a good sniper but needs a driver. That sure as hell isn't Petey

The overpayment is worth it if somebody can dish him properly. Kinda like McDavid hyman
You replace Guentzel with drai and the oilers are going home with a cup

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
You boot that empty soup can as far down the road as you possibly can. Let the next bum pick it up. Bust a pinky? Hope you're not McGregor.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As an American than doesn’t give a dang if any Canadian team ever wins the Cup again… my money is currently on Vancouver to be the first one to win it since 1993.

Good move here. Cap space is valuable and the team should be desirable for UFAs.

I think Vancouver is close. They might have done it this year if Demko had been healthy. They’ve been well run since their fired their dummy GM.

And yes. As both a Panther fan and anti Oilers fan, this has been a wonderful few days for me.

And congratulations to Boeser for turning it around and having a hell of a season. Let’s see if he can follow that up but it didn’t seem flukey. He played well. He earned his goals. Proved me wrong too.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
As an American than doesn’t give a dang if any Canadian team ever wins the Cup again… my money is currently on Vancouver to be the first one to win it since 1993.

Good move here. Cap space is valuable and the team should be desirable for UFAs.

I think Vancouver is close. They might have done it this year if Demko had been healthy. They’ve been well run since their fired their dummy GM.

And yes. As both a Panther fan and anti Oilers fan, this has been a wonderful few days for me.

And congratulations to Boeser for turning it around and having a hell of a season. Let’s see if he can follow that up but it didn’t seem flukey. He played well. He earned his goals.

The OEL buyout is a massive blow to their chances. They need to hope and pray that Lekkerimaki and Willander hit big on their ELCs so they will be able to fill out the rest of the team.

Reactions: Devonator

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Zadorov is a bottom pair guy. Anything over 4 atrocious.

Guentzel... Somebody is going to overpay him. He's a good sniper but needs a driver. That sure as hell isn't Petey

The overpayment is worth it if somebody can dish him properly. Kinda like McDavid hyman
That’s a more accurate description for Draisaitl than it is for Guentzel

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Ideally would have been no retention but, I'm happy with this overall. The 'sweetener' is a pick swap 4 drafts away so who cares. Lafferty wasn't going to be re-signed.

This 4M cap space will be massive for this offseason. And next offseason too... Boeser or a replacement will need a new deal.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
The OEL buyout is a massive blow to their chances. They need to hope and pray that Lekkerimaki and Willander hit big on their ELCs so they will be able to fill out the rest of the team.
It sucks but it's not unmanageable. The cap should be getting big bumps in the next 2 years barring anything unforeseen.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Basically a move to keep Zadorov.

Turns that trade into Zadorov + 4th for 2nd, 3rd, 5th and Mikheyev

We will take that. Mikheyev can be easily replaced from within (Podkolzin) and Zadorov can do whatever in season, but is a big need for the Nucks in the postseason.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

And congratulations to Boeser for turning it around and having a hell of a season. Let’s see if he can follow that up but it didn’t seem flukey. He played well. He earned his goals. Proved me wrong too.
Thought you'd be an Oilers guy. Think a buncha them added Mc to their usernames when they got McDavid and I figured you were that. Sorry. :laugh:

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
If Hawks give up nothing of value

Sure whatever

We need talent on roster and a pick is nice

I liked Lafferty with Hawks
There's honestly a decent chance Mikheyev bounces back and becomes worth something at the deadline in 2026. He only looked to get his skating back toward the end of this season, and I imagine an offseason of proper training (he was recovering and rehabbing last summer) might make a difference. With retention, a playoff team would give up some assets I am sure for a good rental PK'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad