Proposal: CHI-TOR (The Deadline's Biggest Blockbuster)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
My experience in watching the team I cheer for build a winner is they never added “gold”
Much like the Leafs are now, the teams core was gold.
What was added were the right finishing touches and for the most part Chicago overpaid to get them. … Then raised the cup a few months later.
Well worth it. But of course you can’t relate.
No offense, but neither can you evidently.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
My experience in watching the team I cheer for build a winner is they never added “gold”
Much like the Leafs are now, the teams core was gold.
What was added were the right finishing touches and for the most part Chicago overpaid to get them. … Then raised the cup a few months later.
Well worth it. But of course you can’t relate.
I can actually, I'm a raptors fan as well. That being said neither fleury nor Hagel will push the leafs towards a cup. A player like Lindholm would move the needle, same as a player like Varlamov. Hagel is a really nice piece but he's a luxury not a need.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Change De Haan to Murphy

Bunting Matthews Nylander
Hagel Tavares Marner
Kase Kerfoot Spezza
Mikheyev Kampf Engvall

Rielly Murphy
Muzzin Brodie
Sandin Lyubushkin/Liljegren

Fleury
Campbell

First leafs cup in 55 years

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
No i dont believe he can do better . Fleury is top goalie available ,nobody available is even close. Hagel is a better version of Bunting and signed 1.5 million until 2024 / 2025 . The 2 / 1st's are close to 2nd rd picks and Leaf prospect are always blown up way out of proportion. Commonly referred to as the Jeremy Bracco Joe Sacco syndrome .
I don't understand this logic. What is the difference between a 1st and 2nd round pick then? Like Obviously ARZ 1st rounder does not hold the same Value as FLA 1st round pick. Just like the 33rd OA pick is not the same as the 66th pick. But at what point is a potential 25th OA pick the same as a 2nd round pick? Hagel is reasonably worth a late 1st rounder due to his contract, age, and production. But he could also regress next year - you are still trading for potential here. No different than a prospect like Knies, who looks to be one of the better picks in his draft year "so far". Anytime a players puts up double digit goals and is at or close to PPG as a freshmen in College/University you will get some attention. At the very least you would have to say Knies value is solidly = to a 2nd round pick, arguably a high 2nd round pick,late 1st if a team overpays. At the same time Fluery's value largely based on reputation, while having a very mediocre year. His value is obviously more than a C grade prospect in Mikael Hakkarainen, but a 1st rounder is a joke. CHI would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick at 50% retained. Even then how many teams need a goalie? Compared to a Forward or a Dman? Which is why Goalies rarely get a substantial return at the TDL.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I don't understand this logic. What is the difference between a 1st and 2nd round pick then? Like Obviously ARZ 1st rounder does not hold the same Value as FLA 1st round pick. Just like the 33rd OA pick is not the same as the 66th pick. But at what point is a potential 25th OA pick the same as a 2nd round pick? Hagel is reasonably worth a late 1st rounder due to his contract, age, and production. But he could also regress next year - you are still trading for potential here. No different than a prospect like Knies, who looks to be one of the better picks in his draft year "so far". Anytime a players puts up double digit goals and is at or close to PPG as a freshmen in College/University you will get some attention. At the very least you would have to say Knies value is solidly = to a 2nd round pick, arguably a high 2nd round pick,late 1st if a team overpays. At the same time Fluery's value largely based on reputation, while having a very mediocre year. His value is obviously more than a C grade prospect in Mikael Hakkarainen, but a 1st rounder is a joke. CHI would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick at 50% retained. Even then how many teams need a goalie? Compared to a Forward or a Dman? Which is why Goalies rarely get a substantial return at the TDL.
If Davidson when dealing with a desperate GM only gets a 2nd (for Fleury) he has some real explaining to do. I'd sooner keep him then give Dubas a break when his job and probably Shannys is on the line

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If Davidson when dealing with a desperate GM only gets a 2nd (for Fleury) he has some real explaining to do. I'd sooner keep him then give Dubas a break when his job and probably Shannys is on the line
You're not living in goalie trade market realities there.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
At the end of the day Campbell is still having a better season than Fleury, he would still be #1 (for now). Ironically CHI paid what was equivalent to a 7th rounder pick for Fleury coming off an amazing year. Now that he has substantially regressed you want a 1st rounder...lol. Realistically how many teams are looking to trade for a goalie, when there is a glut of teams trying to trade one... Varlamov in NYI, Binnington, Forsberg in OTT, Georgiev in NYR, Korpisalo in CLB, Jake Allen in MTL all can be had. You have to be realistic. The Leafs are also finding out what they have Kallgren, in 2.5 games so far so good, who knows maybe that solidifies the backup role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad