Proposal: CHI-TOR (The Deadline's Biggest Blockbuster)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Leafs are calling on plenty of D including Lindholm, Middleton, Gio and others….that doesn’t change the fact that this proposal is insanely off base.
You said the Leafs don't need de Haan, but Dubas is asking about him

So seems you don't know as much as you think you do...

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Petr Mrazek
-2022 1st round pick
-2023 1st round pick
-the rights to Matthews Knies
-Ty Voit

To Toronto:
:leafs
-Marc Andre Fleury (50% retention)
-Calvin de Haan (50% retention)
-Brandon Hagel

I've done the math already and it works.
Remove Knies, add Dermott and Abruzee
Remove de Haan, add Murphy (15% retained) pre injury

Ledge And Dairy

Leafs don't need dehann and knies won't be traded. If knies has to be in the deal and leafs can't add a different asset then no deal.
Leafs certainly need a top 4 dman of some sort and DeHaan is the 3rd best option still on the market. The other 2 will cost strictly more than him to acquire. Leafs fans are just hyped about their new shiny toy with Knies, it was the exact same thing 2 years ago with Robertson.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Leafs certainly need a top 4 dman of some sort and DeHaan is the 3rd best option still on the market. The other 2 will cost strictly more than him to acquire. Leafs fans are just hyped about their new shiny toy with Knies, it was the exact same thing 2 years ago with Robertson.
Robertson has had been injured each of the last two seasons, which has hindered his development. He is now in the leafs lineup and is coming along. Obviously he is still learning and finding his way, but cannot deny the talent and the howitzer of a shot. We need cheap forwards and future replacements, since we are so top heavy cap-wise. I think leafs would rather trade picks than their prospects who are further along and closer to making the team. If a team said we want Knies or your 2022 1st rounder, I would rather trade the pick.

We need a right shot Dman, not another Left shot in de Haan. If we trade a mid round pick for de Haan to add some depth, sure....I guess?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Two first-round picks for Fleury and De Haan. With 50% retentions on both players, I think the trade is a bit fair.

Ledge And Dairy

Robertson has had been injured each of the last two seasons, which has hindered his development. He is now in the leafs lineup and is coming along. Obviously he is still learning and finding his way, but cannot deny the talent and the howitzer of a shot. We need cheap forwards and future replacements, since we are so top heavy cap-wise. I think leafs would rather trade picks than their prospects who are further along and closer to making the team. If a team said we want Knies or your 2022 1st rounder, I would rather trade the pick.

We need a right shot Dman, not another Left shot in de Haan. If we trade a mid round pick for de Haan to add some depth, sure....I guess?
Im not arguing the value of the trade here (though I do think it's pretty fair). As for Knies, he's probably at least 2 years from making the NHL and I agree that you 100% move the 22 1st before him, but he is definitely overhyped.
As for defensemen, if you are going after a RD it probably has to be someone with term, but Toronto is probably going to look to add someone who can play in Muzzin's absence. Hence why they've been linked to Gio, Lindholm, and DeHaan now (all 3 being strong shutdown guys).

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Thats your opinion and your entitled to it but your wrong. Knies has a combination of size skill and speed the leafs havent drafted in a very long time. Not including matthews because knies will never be even close, but he is staying with the leafs. Trading knies just doesn't make sense.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

And people always say “media mentions Toronto to get clicks”….but now we are taking this tweet as gospel?

And it’s still a stupid overpayment.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Petr Mrazek
-2022 1st round pick
-2023 1st round pick
-the rights to Matthews Knies
-Ty Voit

To Toronto:
:leafs
-Marc Andre Fleury (50% retention)
-Calvin de Haan (50% retention)
-Brandon Hagel

I've done the math already and it works.
3 first round picks for 1 playoffs of 37 year old fleury, a #4-5 dman, and a 2nd-3rd line winger. No thanks.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Musto, You’re someone who saw his favorite team trade every pick/prospect possible to get the support pieces needed to win 3 cups in 6 years.
But man, you’re not new to HF. You should know by now that Leaf fans prefer picks and prospects to actually going all in and winning.
They like having a prospect or 2 they can overhype so they can pretend the promised land is just around the corner.
2/3 of them have never experienced being on top of the mountain. They live for the hope.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Musto, You’re someone who saw his favorite team trade every pick/prospect possible to get the support pieces needed to win 3 cups in 6 years.
But man, you’re not new to HF. You should know by now that Leaf fans prefer picks and prospects to actually going all in and winning.
They like having a prospect or 2 they can overhype so they can pretend the promised land is just around the corner.
2/3 of them have never experienced being on top of the mountain. They live for the hope.
100% accurate ,Leaf Fans love to dream about something that is never happening.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
100% accurate ,Leaf Fans love to dream about something that is never happening.
While Bowman’s plan this year for a quick turnaround failed and probably added 2 years to the rebuild. I’ll happily take another decade of sucking for having been able experience what I did in 2010-13 and 15.
A feeling Leaf fans can only pretend to understand.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
While Bowman’s plan this year for a quick turnaround failed and probably added 2 years to the rebuild. I’ll happily take another decade of sucking for having been able experience what I did in 2010-13 and 15.
A feeling Leaf fans can only pretend to understand.
Yup true , but we got to see Tony Esposito's teams go to finals ,Ed Belfour's teams go to finals ,Leaf's haven't even gone to finals since 1967,the laughing stock of the league ? Keep all your prospects and brush up golf games. Dubas has to pay price we want ,his job is on the line.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Love how some Hawks fans think their players are made of gold. If you had that many great players you wouldn't be such a terrible team this year. Keep your players, there are better options elsewhere.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Yup true , but we got to see Tony Esposito's teams go to finals ,Ed Belfour's teams go to finals ,Leaf's haven't even gone to finals since 1967,the laughing stock of the league ? Keep all your prospects and brush up golf games. Dubas has to pay price we want ,his job is on the line.

uh huh.

Dubas can do better than this if he's willing to put 2 1sts Knies and Voit on the table in one trade.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
They don't have interest in a 25 goal scorer who is signed for 3 more years at $1.5 AAV who plays with a motor night in and night out?
Woah woah woah... 25 goal scorer? Is that what he is?

Leafs fans are always told their players aren't "25 goal scorers" or "50 goal scorers" until they do it multiple times and "pace" doesn't matter :rolly:

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Love how some Hawks fans think their players are made of gold. If you had that many great players you wouldn't be such a terrible team this year. Keep your players, there are better options elsewhere.
My experience in watching the team I cheer for build a winner is they never added “gold”
Much like the Leafs are now, the teams core was gold.
What was added were the right finishing touches and for the most part Chicago overpaid to get them. … Then raised the cup a few months later.
Well worth it. But of course you can’t relate.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
uh huh.

Dubas can do better than this if he's willing to put 2 1sts Knies and Voit on the table in one trade.
No i dont believe he can do better . Fleury is top goalie available ,nobody available is even close. Hagel is a better version of Bunting and signed 1.5 million until 2024 / 2025 . The 2 / 1st's are close to 2nd rd picks and Leaf prospect are always blown up way out of proportion. Commonly referred to as the Jeremy Bracco Joe Sacco syndrome .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad