Proposal: CHI-PHI

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
CHI gets
Konecny and 32nd OA

PHI gets
18th OA, Raddysh, and Murphy at 50%

Cap space for PHI, cheap veteran RHD, young FWD, and draft improvement to pick Boisvert, Sennecke or Connelly. CHI gets a quality winger for the next phase of the rebuild and a late first.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You could take Philly adding #32 overall and I still think they'd say no to it.

Raddysh has zero value and Murphy likely doesn't have great value either. Him being retained down to 50% is probably the only thing giving him even some value with his performance in the past few years.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
CHI gets
Konecny and 32nd OA

PHI gets

Cap space for PHI, cheap veteran RHD, young FWD, and draft improvement to pick Boisvert, Sennecke or Connelly. CHI gets a quality winger for the next phase of the rebuild and a late first.
Laughable from the flyers

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Why does TK seem to have so little value? I'm not buying the "next contract" excuse. If a team is trading for him they are doing so with (1) the knowledge that his next contract will be significant and (2) they have the caps space to do so. It is not ike his next contract is going to be so much different than a gazillon other contracts today's GMs have given out.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Chicago doesn’t do this.
TK is 1 year from UFA.
The difference between 18 and 32 huge in this draft.
Murphy, a mid level 2nd pairing RHD at about 2 mill is a steal.
Raddysh has minimal value as a 4th/5th liner but Chicago has already overpaid.

Reactions: MicronMega

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Looking at Philly's roster, they have a lot of players. I don't see how adding more to that would help them in any way.

They have 13 forwards, not including the rumored Michkov or RFA Brink. Plus, Lycksell could probably take on a top-9 role.

If I'm them, I want to move quantity for quality (or add a player to move up to swap picks with Ottawa, if that rumor is true).

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
CHI gets
Konecny and 32nd OA

PHI gets

Raddysh absolutely stinks, Murphy is soft and overpaid. Briere would and should be insulted by this offer

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Raddysh absolutely stinks, Murphy is soft and overpaid. Briere would and should be insulted by this offer
I’m not a huge Raddysh fan but scored 20 goals with regular middle 6 duty. Kills penalties. … best suited as a 4th liner but he’s an NHL level player.
Also the OP deal was Murphy @ 50%. He’s a mid level 2nd pair guy and would be a steal at 2.2m

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
I’m not a huge Raddysh fan but scored 20 goals with regular middle 6 duty. Kills penalties. … best suited as a 4th liner but he’s an NHL level player.
Also the OP deal was Murphy @ 50%. He’s a mid level 2nd pair guy and would be a steal at 2.2m
you'd be offering 2 players that have zero value to a rebuilding team. hence the offer is TK & 31 for 18. Bullocks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
you'd be offering 2 players that have zero value to a rebuilding team. hence the offer is TK & 31 for 18. Bullocks

Hawks as rebuilding team have no need for 27 yr. old TK and his coming FA and demand for massive Longterm commitment

Also, LOL at anyone who buys the Flyers management/ownership selling a "Rebuild"

At end of day Hawks/Flyers are not good trade partners unless Flyers are looking to move down from #12 but given the plethora of picks Flyers are already blessed with this draft its unlikely they would have interest in moving down

Maybe Hawks could have interest in Farabee or Frost and could look to leverage Leafs 2025 1st as potential trade chip

I still don't understand why Torts has issues with Frost but its Torts

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why does TK seem to have so little value? I'm not buying the "next contract" excuse. If a team is trading for him they are doing so with (1) the knowledge that his next contract will be significant and (2) they have the caps space to do so. It is not ike his next contract is going to be so much different than a gazillon other contracts today's GMs have given out.
On her PHL is overvaluing him.

Nobody us trading a 24 1st without knowing he can be signrd.

. A deal would be a rental which is a team that feel confident in making playoffs thus the pick is likely in mid 20s+ secondary prospect+ contract going back.

If Chicago felt they would be a playoff team next year given 18 is higher than what the pick could be next yr they would give up a lesser prospect

He screams buyer beware

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad