Proposal: CHI - OTT: Reichel for Boucher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Reichel is at a point where his likely remaining value is only as a reclamation project for another team that believes he's a better fit in their system/development group.

I think we are looking at a soonish trade of struggling prospect for struggling prospect.

Ottawa would you guys be interested? He has good connection with Stutzle obviously, can be a body in the NHL right now if we stretch it.

How is Boucher doing? I get he was way over drafted, but what's the opinion on his future now? Sorry haven't followed him closely so I might be off base value wise but I would like him in the Hawks prospect pool.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think Reichel is the better player, but I say no.

I don't see either being an impact player on my team.

But what I do want, is a 4th line guy who can skate and hit everything that moves with a big hit.

So Boucher might be able to be that if he can stay healthy.

So basically, I don't see either as top 9 players, but I see Boucher as the better stylistic player for the 4th line, so I take Boucher. Again, not because he's the better player...because he's not.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think Reichel is the better player, but I say no.

I don't see either being an impact player on my team.

But what I do want, is a 4th line guy who can skate and hit everything that moves with a big hit.

So Boucher might be able to be that if he can stay healthy.

So basically, I don't see either as top 9 players, but I see Boucher as the better stylistic player for the 4th line, so I take Boucher. Again, not because he's the better player...because he's not.
This is a good summary of why I say no too

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd rather Boucher as he could become a 4th line physical, pest type player.

Reichel can play, but it needs to be on bad teams to get those better minutes.

Reichel isn't playing top 6 in Ottawa, or possibly next year, either They'll have free agents, or developed players that will likely pass him between now and then, too.

I'd say Ottawa passes.

Reactions: NyQuil

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Boucher is a bottom 6’er in the AHL. He simply is not good. He has not shown any flashes of being an NHL calibre player. I guess the deal makes sense if the hawks want to dump a player for nothing but other than that, nope.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd rather Boucher as he could become a 4th line physical, pest type player.

Reichel can play, but it needs to be on bad teams to get those better minutes.

Reichel isn't playing top 6 in Ottawa, or possibly next year, either They'll have free agents, or developed players that will likely pass him between now and then, too.

I'd say Ottawa passes.

This is where I'm at.

Boucher could recoup some value as a bottom six guy a la Curtis Lazar.

Reichel is better off on Chicago and Boucher is better off on Ottawa, so it's a bit of a strange proposal.

On the other hand, Ottawa doesn't have a lot of skill in the forward prospect pool. I think Reichel still holds more value at this stage.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Boucher is a bottom 6’er in the AHL. He simply is not good. He has not shown any flashes of being an NHL calibre player. I guess the deal makes sense if the hawks want to dump a player for nothing but other than that, nope.
No one knows what he is because he's been constantly injured. Ottawa would pass so they can assess him this year in the AHL and hope to have a 4th line guy who can hit.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No one knows what he is because he's been constantly injured. Ottawa would pass so they can assess him this year in the AHL and hope to have a 4th line guy who can hit.

During pre-season and camp, there were flashes of Boucher's ability to forecheck hard with speed and generate turnovers through hits on the end boards leading to the cycle.

But they aren't consistent enough for a guy who should be desperate to prove his value.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
During pre-season and camp, there were flashes of Boucher's ability to forecheck hard with speed and generate turnovers through hits on the end boards leading to the cycle.

But they aren't consistent enough for a guy who should be desperate to prove his value.
I think Boucher’s desperation is to stay healthy and just olay hockey right now.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If that's his mentality, he's not going to impress anyone. He doesn't have the skillset to be useful unless he's playing on the edge.
I agree, you are entirety right, but I think realistically the team knew he was starting in the A, he knew it, and I know if I was in charge I would be telling him to focus on finding his rhythm and having a productive, impactful year in the A.

As a fan, we want to see immediate results but the most important thing is for him to just get into a rhythm and play games.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I agree, you are entirety right, but I think realistically the team knew he was starting in the A, he knew it, and I know if I was in charge I would be telling him to focus on finding his rhythm and having a productive, impactful year in the A.

As a fan, we want to see immediate results but the most important thing is for him to just get into a rhythm and play games.

Yeah, he definitely needs to rack up game experience after his injury troubles.

But he can't stay in passive mode forever or his draft pedigree won't save him as guys are drafted and acquired behind him.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
His stat line is terrible at almost every level. You can blame injuries and I agree but I think the reality is he’s not that good. There’s dudes driving forklift right now who had better stats in junior. He looked awful in the AHL too.

He could possibly make the 4th line someday years down the road but other than his draft position, it’s time to admit it was a horrible pick and he’s a long shot to even be a bottom 6’er. Reichel has regressed but he also has 30 points in the NHL and is a PPG guy in the A. If I was betting on who to pick, it would be Reichel and it’s not even close. He’s shown a lot more at multiple levels. The Boucher pick was godawful when it was announced and it’s looking even worse now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Boucher pick was godawful when it was announced and it’s looking even worse now.

That is both the consensus now and back when he was picked.

You're preaching aggressively to the fanbase that knows him best.

When 4th line NHLer is the ceiling for a 10th overall pick, how do you think we interpret it?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Same nationality guarantees good connection? Reichel is trash, doesn't hold any value, probably back to Eisbaren Berlin real soon or Swizz league if he's being adventurous. Soft as a butter.
I think they are good friends and played tons of international hockey together and excelled. Being and dick and wrong lol

Reichel is trash and prob has no value but he does have Boucher value who is also trash.

topseed

Jun 17, 2024
I think they are good friends and played tons of international hockey together and excelled. Being and dick and wrong lol

Reichel is trash and prob has no value but he does have Boucher value who is also trash.
Sorry if I came across rude, didn't intent to. I just think Reichel offers absolutely nothing and lining him with Stützle, who actually is a really good player, is isn't doing any justice to anyone. Stützle deserves better linemates.
It may sound like I'm a huge Reichel hater, but in reality I'm just really disappointed in him, had high hopes for him, but sure looks like he isn't cut out for the NHL.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
His stat line is terrible at almost every level. You can blame injuries and I agree but I think the reality is he’s not that good. There’s dudes driving forklift right now who had better stats in junior. He looked awful in the AHL too.

He could possibly make the 4th line someday years down the road but other than his draft position, it’s time to admit it was a horrible pick and he’s a long shot to even be a bottom 6’er. Reichel has regressed but he also has 30 points in the NHL and is a PPG guy in the A. If I was betting on who to pick, it would be Reichel and it’s not even close. He’s shown a lot more at multiple levels. The Boucher pick was godawful when it was announced and it’s looking even worse now.
It's a terrible pick, but again, he hasn't had any time to be assessed by the new management and trading him for someone we have no need for is silly

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
If Ottawa wants to move from Boucher, I think Flames would be interested even if his potential is bottom 6 ish at best due to his injuries. Our RW depth is isn't great and after this season, we are going to seriously lack RHS forwards on our roster/prospects.

No idea what the Flames could offer to entice Ottawa though as we're also kinda sorting through our own prospect situation. We're still waiting for the dust to settle before we attempt to figure out how to balance positional need in our pipeline.

I wouldn't mind poking around Reichel as well (Nephew of former Flame). But with what the Flames have in the system, he'd be a luxury/part of a logjam vs a need for the Flames.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Why the Reichel hate? He’s shown to be pretty skilled. He looks like the hawks brought him up too early but I can’t imagine how he doesn’t at least develop into a decent middle six scoring forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad