Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Jake McCabe signs with the Blackhawks (4 years, $4M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This is such a wild contract. It’s basically a boom/bust deal. But even if he’s “boom”, I’m not sure it’s anything more than “decent value”. $4m over that term feels like what I’d want to pay if McCabe is healthy. But he comes in carrying substantial injury risk/unknowns.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
This is such a wild contract. It’s basically a boom/bust deal. But even if he’s “boom”, I’m not sure it’s anything more than “decent value”. $4m over that term feels like what I’d want to pay if McCabe is healthy. But he comes in carrying substantial injury risk/unknowns.

It isn't the 1980's any more. While shredding your knee is still a scary thing, it is highly unlikely a 27 year old with acess to highest level medical care is going to be anything less then as good as before.

I do agree though that the deal is a little rich, especially for a guy that lives in Chicagoland with a wife from the area that just had a kid. Seemed like a guy you should have been able to sign to a slightly more team friendlier number. But alas, Stun(d)ley B(l)owman loves giving a 500K per year tip on every deal he signs.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
You're not kidding.

He is a great skater and puck handler, but would routinely lob grenades at his own blue-line that made Risto look like Brad Park. Hopefully, he's put it all together because if so, he has the potential to be a solid defenseman in this league.

How's he been this year Blackhawk fans?

His stat-line isn't looking too pretty, especially the -21 part.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
He's been as bad as the team has been.
The team is -44 in goal differential and McCabe plays 20mins per night.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Most of his year was wasted on that stupid and awful McCabe-Murphy pairing

He has been better since that nonsense ended but still needs to play better

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I’ve been pretty disappointed. He looks a step behind most of the time, and is pretty lousy cleaning up around his own net.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
hes been very bad. wash year for the team. coming off injury hopefully takes a step forward next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad