Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Jake McCabe signs with the Blackhawks (4 years, $4M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Stan is all in to win with toews and kane , I don't care if they lose but right now is the time we can rebuild once those 2 are done.

Jake will be solid , Chicago has upgraded many positions including the defense. I hear de haan and strome are going to get moved and Stan isn't finished just yet

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Buff fans, any good insight? Any offense here or is he a pure stay at home?

Personally didn’t like him two years ago, but he was much better last year. Pretty stay at home, but he was good at it- I just worry about mobility with the knee. He was never agile, so if he loses anything- seems like a good dude though, so I’m happy for him and hoping he plays well.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Injuries are a concern, but he had really good defensive impacts on some sad Buffalo teams.

If he's fully healthy, he'll be the biggest difference-maker out of all of Chicago's offseason acquisitions.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005

He doesn't do it a lot, but he will join a rush and go to the net with or without the puck on a scoring chance when the opportunity arises. Just don't expect it to be every game. Honestly, he's more of the unassuming, quiet type you barely notice until he lays a big hit or has the aforementioned scoring opportunity. But being barely noticeable means he also doesn't make any glaring mistakes. Just a solid all-around type guy, you should be very happy.

Back door on a rush:

Breakaway goal shorthanded (sorry about RJ's voice, he was battling laryngitis):

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He considers Chicago home, so this is a nice fit for him. Hopefully for the Hawks, his knee injury has healed completely.

Reactions: Muffinalt

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Stan is all in to win with toews and kane , I don't care if they lose but right now is the time we can rebuild once those 2 are done.

Jake will be solid , Chicago has upgraded many positions including the defense. I hear de haan and strome are going to get moved and Stan isn't finished just yet
With Seth Jones on the books for the rest of eternity, and both DeBrincat and Dach entering their primes, I can't imagine that they're going to rebuild come 2023.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Guys guys guys

Can't we just all agree that Chicago and Montreal are dogshit organizations and move on?

Reactions: TheDoorDoctor

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I would not have done thus given the knee injury he got last year.

with buffalo i would have done a 1 yr contract.

had he been healthy I figured he’d get this but there is too much risk.

he’s an average bottom 4 D who can be physical.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
With Seth Jones on the books for the rest of eternity, and both DeBrincat and Dach entering their primes, I can't imagine that they're going to rebuild come 2023.

This is my opinion and a few other writers opinions as well. I believe chicago was trying to rebuild for the future but things were being rushed and having keith and seabrook on the books it left chicago no alternative but a rebuild. Chicago quietly gaining new pieces last year at trade deadline and early off season and cap space put them in a win now situation with toews and kane . Seabrook retirement and Keith's asking for a trade helped chicago move from rebuild to let's go all in now .

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Pretty shocked he got that big of a contract. Hasnt played since his knee was pretty much completely wrecked.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Pretty shocked he got that big of a contract. Hasnt played since his knee was pretty much completely wrecked.

From what I've read he is a solid shutdown defenseman, his knee injury is unfortunate but all signs seem to point in the direction he won't be affected by that. Also the going rate seems to be anywhere from 2.8 to 4.5 .
It's a solid pickup for chicago. Zadorov was seeking I heard close to 5 million

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Guys guys guys

Can't we just all agree that Chicago and Montreal are dogshit organizations and move on?
Montreal Canadiens were not supposed to be contenders last year and made it to the Stanley cup finals.Hawks can do the same ....guys guys guys it could happen

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Love McCabe, but was terrified Adams would give him a big contract coming off that substantial knee injury, so I was a bit happy to see Chicago gave it to him and not Buffalo.

But then Adams went out and acquired Butcher.

Seeing as I think I would rather have a one-legged McCabe than Butcher, I am really not sure how to feel.....

Reactions: tdfxman

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is a really bad contract. I love McCabe’s work ethic, but he’s never shown to be much more than a bottom pairing guy, though I’ll admit I didn’t watch much of last season. Add to the fact he’s coming off of major knee surgery, and 4 million per for 4 years is a major risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad