Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] D TJ Brodie signs with the Blackhawks (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He looked pretty bad with Leafs this past year

Not getting strategy here unless a trade is coming

Hawks now have a glut of vet D blocking our kids (Kaiser, EDM, Allan, etc) from roster

Reactions: fahad203

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Hey maybe he bounces back, but it was rough the past year

Maybe he can mentor someone like Alex vlasic a bit, but his on ice play was of a bottom pairer maybe. He had to be taken out of the lineup and we don’t have some stacked defence, he was that bad

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
There's nothing that hurts the general perception of a player more than being overpaid in Toronto.

Brodie wasn't great last season, true. But he wasn't totally spent either. Being overpaid in Toronto just lead the general opinion too far. He'll be fine for 2 years. I expected the AAV would start with a 2, but GMs overpay every year.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think a lot of Brodie's issues are mental and he's had a hard past few years (not sure if it is that).

I think being away from a high pressure environment, he may do well.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Insulate the kids , no pressure now and they can stay in Rockford and ripen .I want Del Mastro , Allan and possibly Kaiser in Rockford . it's a heavy cap hit but maybe he turns it around now that he's away from the three ring circus.

Reactions: BHD

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he’s on the 3rd pair, then sure, why not.

It sure seems like the Hawks want one vet on each pair with a kid.

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
He was our 7th dman... and we ran arguably a bottom 10D in the league. How did he pull off 3.75m LOL

Reactions: KapG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad