Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] D TJ Brodie signs with the Blackhawks (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'm kinda digging the Hawks strategy of overpaying these depth vets to come to their team to help their young guys out. They have the cap space, use it!

Also as a neutral fan, glad they got some skilled forwards (+ Hall hopefully being healthy) to put next to Bedard. They won't be a playoff team but they'll be fun to watch.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Hey maybe he bounces back, but it was rough the past year

Maybe he can mentor someone like Alex vlasic a bit, but his on ice play was of a bottom pairer maybe. He had to be taken out of the lineup and we don’t have some stacked defence, he was that bad

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
There's nothing that hurts the general perception of a player more than being overpaid in Toronto.

Brodie wasn't great last season, true. But he wasn't totally spent either. Being overpaid in Toronto just lead the general opinion too far. He'll be fine for 2 years. I expected the AAV would start with a 2, but GMs overpay every year.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think a lot of Brodie's issues are mental and he's had a hard past few years (not sure if it is that).

I think being away from a high pressure environment, he may do well.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Insulate the kids , no pressure now and they can stay in Rockford and ripen .I want Del Mastro , Allan and possibly Kaiser in Rockford . it's a heavy cap hit but maybe he turns it around now that he's away from the three ring circus.

Reactions: BHD

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he’s on the 3rd pair, then sure, why not.

It sure seems like the Hawks want one vet on each pair with a kid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad