Proposal: Chi-Col and Chi-Edm (Near or at Trade Deadline)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Avs fans, would you trade for MAF at 50% for Frankie and the Avs 2023 2nd?

I wouldn’t trade Kuemper straight up for MAF at 50%. But would I tandem them? Sure.

Right now, I'd probably do it, because it's hard to trust that Francouz will stay healthy. But if he can stay healthy and play well in ~10 games before the March 21 TDL, then it'll be a lot harder to pull that trigger.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
how is it the oilers get to dump koskinen and pick up kuemper for only a third round pick ? that's not happening. try a first maybe

It doesn't cost a 1st to move a player that will likely have less then 2 million remaining on his contract when the trade deadline arrives .

Prove me wrong and show me 1 case where a expiring contract that has less then 2,000,000 cost a 1st to move .

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
he may have talent but 10 points in 24 AHL games isn’t much production. So as an unproductive forward, I see his name a lot in trades but my takeaway is that HF boards are overrating him as a prospect. B- may be a more indicative rating on Lavoie.

Savoie is the better Oil prospect IMO. By a lot. He’s having a fine season at DU. 22 points and 12 goals in 16 games.

Oh Savoie is absolutely a better prospect. Totally agree.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
this is a laughable trade. No way in hell do the Oilers get to dump Koskinen and only give up 3rd rd pick in 2024.. and why would Avs make this move? Also asking the Blackhawks to eat 3.5mil and then take on another 4.5 mil for just a 2nd in 2023 and 3rd in 2024 is not even worth it. This is a NO for all 3 teams

I never seen a fan base have so much trouble with cap . ( NHL fans )

MAF would be owed around 3 million come trade deadline . Retaining 50% = 1.5 million . How the hell do you get 3.5 million is being eaten by Chicago ?

In before you say cap hit . At the trade deadline if a team has 3 million in cap space they can add around a 7 million player as they only pay about 3/8 of the players cap hit . The only time cap hit matters at the trade deadline is if a team like the Oilers are in LTIR money .

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
As a hockey fan that doesn't really care one way or the other about any of the three teams involved, I say "Yes Please"....

Just the narratives of Kuemper and the Oil vs Colorado
or
Fleury and Colorado vs Lehner and Vegas would make this post season SOO much more interesting!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I could see Colorado going after Fleury, but to be in tandem with Kuemper, not replace him. Can't see the Avs giving up already on the guy they just traded assets for and paid this past summer.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldn't say no but with game cancellations and whatnot it would really suck for either team to trade for a goalie on the last year of his deal only for the season to get cancelled or something. Holland was burned by that with Green and Athanasiou two years ago, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad