Proposal: Chi-Col and Chi-Edm (Near or at Trade Deadline)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
how is it the oilers get to dump koskinen and pick up kuemper for only a third round pick ? that's not happening. try a first maybe

Reactions: McJedi and BHFAN92

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If MAF were to desire to move on to contender and if Avs decide to upgrade on Keumper

Trade #1
To :avs
G Marc Andre Fleury (50% retained)

To :hawks
G Darcy Kuemper
Avalanche 2023 2nd round pick

Hawks then would flip Kuemper to Oilers

Trade #2
To :edmonton
G Darcy Keumper

To :hawks
G Mikko Koskinen
Oilers 2024 3rd round pick

Both Avs and Oilers upgrade in net while Hawks get two picks towards rebuilding under what will probably be a new GM in offseason
Very easy and hard no from the Avs.

The Avs will definitely want to keep Kuemper. He’s playing well. But Make that Frankie and I’d think about it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is Fleury even that good? I realize he won the Vezina last year but isn’t it becoming more and more clear that the division had a lot to do with it? I mean freaking Grubauer was a finalist.

If you remove the COVID season with the horrible division Fleury’s save percentage the last 3 years are .907, .905 and .913. His playoff stats the last 3 years are underwhelming too.

Props to Fleury. He’s had a great career but I’m not so sure he’s a very good goaltender. I don’t think he’s an upgrade on Darcy Kuemper for sure.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Done for the Oilers.
All day long, but I don't see why the Avs make this deal though. They are just getting their stride now and Kuemper is playing well, so a change like this makes no sense for them. The Oilers will give the same pick for MA fleury if there is that option. We are not getting a long term solution, so a 2nd is as high as i would go given his age, but a change is needed right now and this move would accomplish this.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Garbage for colorado.

Kuemper is better than Fleury this year and younger, add the 2nd pick on top of that and wow. Pure trash.

Colorado should target an upgrade on Kuemper.
I think you have to take the quality of team around the goalie into consideration

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
this is a laughable trade. No way in hell do the Oilers get to dump Koskinen and only give up 3rd rd pick in 2024.. and why would Avs make this move? Also asking the Blackhawks to eat 3.5mil and then take on another 4.5 mil for just a 2nd in 2023 and 3rd in 2024 is not even worth it. This is a NO for all 3 teams

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
still a No from Blackhawks..your asking them to eat contract take on a worthless goalie and only get a 2nd rd pick...ya not cutting it..maybe up the ante with someone like Lavoie and change the 2nd rd pick to a 4th rd pick and keep other parameters the same.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I think the Avs' goal should be to form a more reliable tandem with Darcy as a part of it, so this doesn't really make a lot of sense.

The issue is that it's hard to know how reliable the current tandem really is when Francouz is just now returning from injury. Yes, he missed all of last season, but now he's allegedly healthy and ready to show what he can do, so I don't see any harm in giving him until the TDL before we make a decision.

But, with whatever is in the water in Denver that causes so many injuries, year after year after year, I don't know if I necessarily believe that anyone we acquire would definitely stay healthier than the guys we already have.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
If the cost is a 2nd and a 3rd, I’d trade those from the Oilers for Fleury at 50%. As mentioned above, they would have to be future picks because of the Keith trade.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You/re right about the concern over the fact that Francouz is made of glass.

But the only reason this would be an easy no is because of sunk costs. If the Avs hadn't traded a 1st and Timmins for Kuemper, this becomes much more viable. Yes, it's true that sunk costs shouldn't drive decisions but that's easier said than done. And with that in mind, the Avs would have essentially traded the 2022 1st, Timmins, an a 2023 2nd for MAF.

In being fair, there's no way Vegas was ever going to trade MAF to the Avs. So you make peace with this reality too.

Sunken cost really doesn't impact the decision. Kuemper is just fine for a run. Fleury might be a good target in the offseason on a one year deal with Kuemper in a tandem.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Fleury(50% retained) for Mikko Koskinen, Tyler Tulio and 2023 2nd.
This off season the Oilers can throw Jack Campbell a serious offer :)

still a No from Blackhawks..your asking them to eat contract take on a worthless goalie and only get a 2nd rd pick...ya not cutting it..maybe up the ante with someone like Lavoie and change the 2nd rd pick to a 4th rd pick and keep other parameters the same.
hmmmm.....OK
Koskinen, Lavoie, and a 4th for MAF(50%)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
hmmmm.....OK
Koskinen, Lavoie, and a 4th for MAF(50%)
Lavoie is not a particularly good prospect. He’s a 0.42 ppg AHL guy. 10 points in 24 games is it.

Was almost an overager when drafted so he’s already 21. He’s a B rated prospect at best.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs fans, would you trade for MAF at 50% for Frankie and the Avs 2023 2nd?

I wouldn’t trade Kuemper straight up for MAF at 50%. But would I tandem them? Sure.

Reactions: nightonthesun

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lavoie is not a particularly good prospect. He’s a 0.42 ppg AHL guy. 10 points in 24 games is it.

Was almost an overager when drafted so he’s already 21. He’s a B rated prospect at best.

I see him as a B prospect. He is closer to trying to make a run at an NHL position that a guy draft last or this year in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. He has talent but he is pretty inconsistent.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I see him as a B prospect. He is closer to trying to make a run at an NHL position that a guy draft last or this year in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. He has talent but he is pretty inconsistent.

he may have talent but 10 points in 24 AHL games isn’t much production. So as an unproductive forward, I see his name a lot in trades but my takeaway is that HF boards are overrating him as a prospect. B- may be a more indicative rating on Lavoie.

Savoie is the better Oil prospect IMO. By a lot. He’s having a fine season at DU. 22 points and 12 goals in 16 games.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
The OP is not bad IMO... but I don't think Colorado believes the difference between Kuemper and MAF is a 2nd. They just traded a 1st for Kuempee? so even though they are in win-now mode, that is a lot of draft capital spent on goalies not signed past this season.

Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yes but idk if I go near Francouz if I'm Chicago and I'm already losing a keeper.
Clearly they do it for the Avs 2nd round pick. Frankie is very good when healthy. He’s healthy.

I think Edmonton will eventually offer their 2022 1st. Kuemper has the third highest goals saved above expectations since December 5th. He’s hitting his stride. Playing well and winning. Avs aren’t anywhere close to desperate in net or in the standings. Avs are essentially in first place right now.

Edmonton is desperate in both. Plus their GM is on a hot seat. That’s who I’m talking to if I’m Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad