Proposal: CHI and TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I mean, this is 1 Leaf fan. You act like the fanbase wants him. We already have 2 #1 C's. Not worth blowing our load on another C athough we'd of course love to have him, he's not a priority.

My point was you acted like this was trash. Bracco was a longshot prospect. This is potential 2 very good players.
Its not close when you consider Dach's potential. If hawks were a cup contender and a defenseman away from cup maybe its not lol. But where the hawks are at and needing a bulldozer to the organization, its lol bad.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Should we bump some of those old Bracco threads to refresh your memory. He was a sure fire top 6 scorer in a lot of Leafs fans minds. This wasn't a 1 fan thing.

lol I know fans liked him, I never did. But he was NEVER seen in the same tier as these two. EVER. He was more in Abramov tier

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
lol I know fans liked him, I never did. But he was NEVER seen in the same tier as these two. EVER. He was more in Abramov tier
I agree, but man he was pumped by a lot of people on here. I would say Sandin is a sure fire top 4 already. I don't see the game altering defense needed to be a top pairing guy. Robertson I am less confident with. He has all the skill and the game is opening up for small guys but he has had 2 significant injuries in a 1 year span and I worry his development and playing style might suffer. I like Robertson and I thought he would be in the Leafs top 6 this season based on his small sample size last year. I still wouldn't entertain the idea of Dach for Sandin and Robertson if I was the Hawks.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I agree, but man he was pumped by a lot of people on here. I would say Sandin is a sure fire top 4 already. I don't see the game altering defense needed to be a top pairing guy. Robertson I am less confident with. He has all the skill and the game is opening up for small guys but he has had 2 significant injuries in a 1 year span and I worry his development and playing style might suffer. I like Robertson and I thought he would be in the Leafs top 6 this season based on his small sample size last year. I still wouldn't entertain the idea of Dach for Sandin and Robertson if I was the Hawks.

Eh Sandin is 21 who knows what he is in 4 years. Dermott came up at that age and looked like a sure fire top pair D but never progressed. Sandin after playing terribly defensively in the playoffs learned from that and has been focusing on D and not offense. He seems to have a higher IQ to learn, so I think he goes as far as the coaches can teach him. He has all the tools.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Why would Dach not be in the same category as Zegras and Cozens? He was the best player on that team Canada world Junior team before he got hurt.
It's also quite clear that Dach is still fighting his wrist injury. That was brutal and seems to have really stunted his development a bit.

I'm not really expecting much from Dach production wise until the latter half of the season.

That injury was a damn shame because it looked like he was going to explode before he got injured.

Kane had wrist surgery during the 2011 offseason and proceeded to have the worst year of his career.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Show me any post that indicated the bolded - mine or others. I like the way you skirted your poorly thought out argument with month born. I'm surprised you didn't break it down into minutes to try to make your point seem more relevant - but he's 250 days younger.....

There's an exact definition for "Victim Mode" ?? - please post that as I didn't realize you could use that expression wrong since it's not an expression.....

I will change my narrative from victim mode to cry baby - is that better?
The guy also keeps saying Robertson is DOMINATING the AHL…. Yet as a goal scorer he has 5 goals in 23 games…

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
1) My evaluation of Robertson is silly - yet here is an excerpt from a Toronto based media outlet:
"Since March 2020, Robertson has only been able to play in 33 professional games and has unfortunately caught the injury bug before. At the beginning of the 2020-21 season, he suffered a knee injury that kept him out for four weeks, when it looked like it could have been much worse.
I’m not putting the blame of these injuries purely on his size, but when you’re 5-foot-9, 165 pounds going up against 6-foot-3, 220 pound defensemen every night, you put yourself in a vulnerable position when you go into the corners.
Robertson is a very skilled player and undersized players can flourish in the modern-day NHL, but when he returns to full-health, he should try his best to be more aware on the ice. This leg injury was a little freakish, but if he was bigger and stronger, it probably wouldn’t have happened."

2) Robertson blew Dach out of the water in Junior: Fact check and....in the season prior to being drafted and his draft year Kirby Dach played 114 games and had 119 points or 1.04 ppg. In the same 2 seasons Robertson played 116 games and scored 88 points or 0.76 ppg. In their draft +1 years Kirby Dach scored 23 points in the NHL as an 18 year old. In the same season, Robertson's D+1 year, he had a great season scoring 86 points in 46 games....in the OHL. So in comparable years in the same level of competition Dach actually did better than Robertson in Junior. Tough to compare CHL and NHL stats for their D+1 year but not sure your argument stands.

3) An argument could be made that team with Debrincat probably isn't in a rush to move their only young top 6 C with size for another undersized winger and an offensive 2nd pairing LHD.

4) Not my guys - I'm not a Chicago fan.

5) I watch 200 hockey games a year - Junior, AHL, NHL, NCAA, International. I'd say I have as good of a read on those 2 as almost any "casual" fan. You respond with Leaf glasses on and instantly go into victim mode. I was pointing out that posters without your bias aren't necessarily wrong, they just see value in areas you do not, or don't see value in areas you do. Assuming someone with a difference of opinion is wrong just makes you come off as ignorant.

You just took poor Arrow to the woodshed. lol

Reactions: Boondock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad