Proposal: CHI and TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What's the rationale for the deal from Chicago's perspective?

If they're interested in young players like Sandin and Robertson, I would assume it's for the purpose of adding them to their long term core... a core that includes Dach

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
While I get the sentiment, Dach is going to be a very good player, some of these responses are a little crazy. What has he proven that Sandin hasn't? We're not paying a good prospect and a 2nd to swap them...

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
As a leafs fan who loves both Sandin and Robertson i understand chicago rejecting this, Dach could be special

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I get Hawks fans wanting to keep Dach, but let's not act like Sandin/Robertson are scrubs. Both are blue chip prospects, Sandin proving he's a legitimate defender at the NHL level this year.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
What's the rationale for the deal from Chicago's perspective?

If they're interested in young players like Sandin and Robertson, I would assume it's for the purpose of adding them to their long term core... a core that includes Dach
SANDIN is producing pretty much at the same PPG rate as DACH (AS A DEFENCEMAN) - plus Robertson

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
SANDIN is producing pretty much at the same PPG rate as DACH (AS A DEFENCEMAN) - plus Robertson

So, then... what's the rationale from Toronto's perspective?

Also, I'm not saying Chicago shouldn't have interest in Sandin, only that the goal of acquiring him should be to add him to their long term core that includes Dach...

mking098

Jul 13, 2018
Why are the leafs trading a Defenceman for a center? Sandin is playing well and is showing that he is likely going to be a top 4 D sooner rather than later - as a what... 21 year old?

It makes no sense.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
While I get the sentiment, Dach is going to be a very good player, some of these responses are a little crazy. What has he proven that Sandin hasn't? We're not paying a good prospect and a 2nd to swap them...
He's definitely young enough that the pedigree of a 3rd overall pick would still give him additional value, even if he hasn't objectively proven more in the NHL than Sandin.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I get Hawks fans wanting to keep Dach, but let's not act like Sandin/Robertson are scrubs. Both are blue chip prospects, Sandin proving he's a legitimate defender at the NHL level this year.
Can you show me one post so far where someone is acting like either of those players are scrubs? Or is this the standard victim complex response?

Reactions: spaghtti

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Can you show me one post so far where someone is acting like either of those players are scrubs? Or is this the standard victim complex response?

The fact that multiple posters call this an easy pass and that the hawks don't consider it would suggest they think Sandin/Robertson are scrubs. Either that or they think Dach is an elite level prospect like say Zegras, that they'd so easily pass on those 2. I'm not sure which one is sillier.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Uhhh... Don't think the Leafs have an expendable player/prospect/pick that would even start the conversation on Dach. You'd have to likely give an insane quantity offer of like Amirov + Robertson + Sandin + multiple high draft picks to even have a shot.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The fact that multiple posters call this an easy pass and that the hawks don't consider it would suggest they think Sandin/Robertson are scrubs. Either that or they think Dach is an elite level prospect like say Zegras, that they'd so easily pass on those 2. I'm not sure which one is sillier.
Point out the posts and I’ll let you know if they are hawks fans

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Maybe the posters said it was an easy pass because Dach is a 6'4" 20 year old C that is starting to show he can have a positive impact on the NHL game, in an organization with a 33 year old #1C and no other real options in their system. Maybe the thought of adding a top 4 offensive dman and an undersized winger with potential durability issues regardless of how they are perceived by Leaf fans isn't worth trading their future top 6 C - (maybe even 1st line). The Hawks have Jones and Murphy signed long term with Mitchell, Allen and Beaudin on the farm. So the Hawks would lose their only young top 6 C for players in positions of less need. C and RHD are difficult positions to find players, especially top line players - LHD and winger don't demand as high a costs of acquisition it seems. So explain to me again how this is silly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad