Confirmed with Link: Chernyshov signs 3 year ELC $975k aav

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
What's the motivation on the Sharks end to sign the ELC so soon? Keep Chernyshov from returning to Russia if the Sharks slow-play his development?

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Basic respect? Why not sign him, there’s literally no downside and he just took a big leap of faith in terminating his KHL contract and burning that bridge.
Good point. It was a good faith question, as I don't really understand yet why some guys have to wait a year or two and others don't.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What's the motivation on the Sharks end to sign the ELC so soon? Keep Chernyshov from returning to Russia if the Sharks slow-play his development?

Good point. It was a good faith question, as I don't really understand yet why some guys have to wait a year or two and others don't.

There's no real downside. if he plays in the CHL his contract will slide and he doesn't burn any years on it, so they're no worse off than if they chose to sign him a year from now.

Plus with CHL players or Euro players it's not like it is with NCAA guys. College players literally can't sign a contract or they forfeit their NCAA eligibility and can no longer play there. He can have his Sharks deal and still play major juniors or in Europe.

Otherwise it's usually more that the team waits to sign guys rather than the player. Like they probably won't sign the likes of Colton Roberts or Carson Wetsch yet because they want those guys to improve and prove they're worth the investment unlike Chernyshov who still has things to work on but has the pedigree of being the top pick of round 2 and not pick number 130+

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
And yes, I will update Chernyshov in the prospects thread tomorrow. I have to add his contract terms into his graphic and then adjust the rights expiry graphs to reflect it.

1722586542270.png

This right here is the real reason he terminated his KHL contract. He wants an updated one so that we fans can begin using it!!!

Eggdoh

Aug 25, 2022
So who's right, the scout that Sheng spoke to who said that Chernyshov's defense is beyond atrocious, or the scouting reports I've seen that say Chernyshov was playing well defensively in the KHL?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So who's right, the scout that Sheng spoke to who said that Chernyshov's defense is beyond atrocious, or the scouting reports I've seen that say Chernyshov was playing well defensively in the KHL?
To be honest I dont think shengs scout friends are very good, a lot of terrible evaluations come out of those quotes and I almost feel an anti sharks bias.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If he were beyond atrocious defensively, he would not have been given regular minutes in the KHL as an 18 year old. Easy as that.

Reactions: Bizz and Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1