Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy VI re-signed, 8 yrs @ 9.5 aav

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
what he's doing right now is even more impressive when you consider that their D past McAvoy and Gryz is really banged up and not particularly impressive.

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Shawn Thornton was a very good fighter but he never once to my memory delivered a hit like he did on Tom Wilson

oh and the hit on the heat seeking machine Josh Anderson in 2019 playoffs ruined Anderson

McAvoy isn’t a fighter but he’s a hitter

At his age and what he does I’m not trading him for any defenseman - nice pick Bruins post Keith Gretzky scouting staff

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I teared up for a second during his meetup with Chara. Chara went to do the handshake to hug thing. McAvoy just straight hugged him.

Can’t believe I got sentimental. I better go chug a beer and buy a pickup truck or other manly things.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Shawn Thornton was a very good fighter but he never once to my memory delivered a hit like he did on Tom Wilson

oh and the hit on the heat seeking machine Josh Anderson in 2019 playoffs ruined Anderson

McAvoy isn’t a fighter but he’s a hitter

At his age and what he does I’m not trading him for any defenseman - nice pick Bruins post Keith Gretzky scouting staff
Don't forget that hit on Staal in the playoffs last year. I think that's his best one.

McAvoy is the perfect defensemen for the modern NHL. Great skater, can play against any type of forward big or small, more physical than almost all no. 1 dmen. Just a great all-around game.

Reactions: MarbleMist

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
McAvoy is turning into an elite all around d man.

Hedman has it for now but he is 30.
Maker is a point putter upper like Karlsson was.

Those 2 I would guess would be the others in the top 3 Norris votes.

I would be surprised if he doesn't win a Norris or 3 in the future.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

agreed, while Hedman was putting up more pts than Charlie early in his career, you could still expose Hedman in his own zone, he was prone to making young mistakes much like Charlie can be at times but much less so these days. The trajectory of Charlie looks like Hedman although I`m not so sure CM will be as productive offensively solely because of the style of system the B`s play but man is he a pleasure to watch

Reactions: sarge88

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He looks like the franchise defenseman you hoped he would become in this series. No qualms with committing big money to him long term - this is our guy and he just keeps getting better. It's exciting to watch. Amazing that he's only 23.

its crazy when you consider his peak years should start in about 3 yearsfrom now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Don't forget about The latest greatest one, Adam Fox. Yes, THE Adam Fox. :laugh:

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I don't mind if McAvoy never puts up insane offensive numbers just as long as he stays consistent in being one of the top all-around defenseman.

I remember the obsession on these boards over a "puck-moving-defenseman" and really think it started over the fantasy of having an Erik Karlsson. I'd rather McAvoy playstyle over EK any day.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I recall being a bit let down they didn’t select Dante Fabbro at the time. So glad to be able to witness his body of work, his progression and now clearly his dominance here in these playoffs. Such a stud.
I badly wanted Chychryn. Thought he was the one. Glad I was wrong. Chychryn still a great pick tho.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I am not going to lie, I wanted them to take Chychrun at the time. I can guarantee a few others did as well.

I am glad they didn't but he didn't turn out too bad either.
Same. Chychryn is still pretty sick, but Chucky we’re talking like top 5 dman in the league.

Reactions: VanIsle

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Same. Chychryn is still pretty sick, but Chucky we’re talking like top 5 dman in the league.

There’s not a single other defenseman in the NHL I would want out there over McAvoy. I really do believe him to be the best three-zone defenseman in the NHL. No one has his transitional skills, density, physicality, edge or finesse all in one package. He really is a rare breed.

Reactions: veganbruin

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
There’s not a single other defenseman in the NHL I would want out there over McAvoy. I really do believe him to be the best three-zone defenseman in the NHL. No one has his transitional skills, density, physicality, edge or finesse all in one package. He really is a rare breed.
Hedman is pretty good too. But I foresee that torch passed this offseason honestly.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember how awful it was when we lost game 82 to the Senators to miss the playoffs as Rask had the shits and Gustavsson got blown out?

I just realized this morning that if we did win that game and got to the playoffs, Charlie McAvoy would probably be a Detroit Red Wing or Arizona Coyote right now. In the end, things worked out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad