GWT: Champions League Round of 16 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It would probably be the biggest disappointment I have ever had as a fan if Spurs don't go through. But boy do I not trust this team at the moment if they get 1-0 in the face early. Still think Spurs will go through, but the arena will be rocking if that happens and who knows....

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
BVB are not exactly smoking hot at the moment, I'd be pretty relaxed tonight were I a Spurs fan.
Then again, "it's Tottenham, lads" is a thing. :D

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United missing 10 first team players through injury, including 5 starters. Youngsters Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood are travelling and a first call up for fullback Brandon Williams. Great experience for the kids. Lineup will probably be:

Lukaku
Rashford-------------Dalot
Pereira Fred
McTominay
Shaw Lindelof Smalling Young
De Gea
Could go 3 CB with Bailly but Solsjkaer hasn't started with 3 CB yet.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know what % we are talking about, but Spurs are going through at least 90% of the time based on the first leg.

I agree that BVB are not looking impressive at the moment, which helps Spurs, but funny how energy and confidence can quickly return under the right circumstances.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United missing 10 first team players through injury, including 5 starters. Youngsters Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood are travelling and a first call up for fullback Brandon Williams. Great experience for the kids. Lineup will probably be:

Lukaku
Rashford-------------Dalot
Pereira Fred
McTominay
Shaw Lindelof Smalling Young
De Gea
Could go 3 CB with Bailly but Solsjkaer hasn't started with 3 CB yet.
I think they go 3 CBs. Also I can see Dalot getting a start over Young. Something like
Rashford-Lukaku
Shaw-Pereira-McTominay-Fred-Dalot
Smalling-Lindelof-Bailly
DDG

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
BVB have scored three or more goals in a majority of their home games this year, so it's not a gimme, but ya gotta think Spurs won't choke it. I think they'll lose the match, but they'll score and they'll win the tie. I'm gonna say it's 3-1 Dortmund on the day.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
BVB of the first half of the campaign i would give a little chance. At the moment it will be a easy go through for Tottenham.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think they go 3 CBs. Also I can see Dalot getting a start over Young. Something like
Rashford-Lukaku
Shaw-Pereira-McTominay-Fred-Dalot
Smalling-Lindelof-Bailly
DDG

I would rather start Dalot and live with his inexperience than watch Young kick guys legs out until he gets a yellow, then watch guys run by him trying not to get a second yellow for 90 mins.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
BVB shouldn't play anything even remotely resembling an A squad but with Favre's cluelessness about the merits of rotation I'm not optimistic.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Not having very high hopes for this evening. Ajax were definitely the better of the two in Amsterdam, but beating Real in Madrid by a two goal difference is next to impossible. Anyway..

Ajax lineup:

--------------------- Tadic ---------------------
Neres ---------------------------- Ziyech -----
--------------------------------------------------
----------------- van de Beek -----------------
-------------- de Jong - Schöne --------------
Tagliafico ------------------------- Mazraoui
-------------- Blind - de Ligt -----------------
--------------------- Onana -------------------

Just found out that this will be de Ligt's 101st game for Ajax already and he's barely 19.
I still remember his first few European games when he was still 17 and hyped up the Ajax fanatics:

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think punting the UCL is a bad idea. 3-0 is unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibilities.

We are resting Hakimi, Zagadou and Delaney here or more likely a temporary benching for their recent performances. It’s some rotation. I don’t mind it. How is this formation going to look? Is Reus playing wide or is Goetze in the Delaney position?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think punting the UCL is a bad idea. 3-0 is unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibilities.

We are resting Hakimi, Zagadou and Delaney here or more likely a temporary benching for their recent performances. It’s some rotation. I don’t mind it. How is this formation going to look? Is Reus playing wide or is Goetze in the Delaney position?

By all means go hard for the CL. With backup players. Adding more midweek fixtures in a competition they won't win only further hurts their chances of winning the league title.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What a horrible idea, not trying to win in the Champions League last 16? Bayern will win the league easily anyway.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Quality start. Surprised this one wasn't disallowed.. :sarcasm:

Don't have a good feeling about this one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad