Proposal: Cgy-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Hamilton himself is defintely more valuable than Trouba

Fix'd

Though Calgary is sort of wasting Hamilton on the second pairing. In a perfect world (and if they wanted to win now) I'd try to trade him for a top 6 winger and a decent #3 d-man like a Petry or similar.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Fix'd

Though Calgary is sort of wasting Hamilton on the second pairing. In a perfect world (and if they wanted to win now) I'd try to trade him for a top 6 winger and a decent #3 d-man like a Petry or similar.

Hamilton plays 3D but he's worth a 3D and a top 6 player? You can get a top 6 player for him and a small add, but not another D thats close to his value

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Hamilton plays 3D but he's worth a 3D and a top 6 player? You can get a top 6 player for him and a small add, but not another D thats close to his value

Tough to play top pairing when you've got two of the top 15 defensemen in the league ahead of you on the depth chart.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tough to play top pairing when you've got two of the top 15 defensemen in the league ahead of you on the depth chart.

It certainly doesn't help him. I just don't think it would be any different if Trouba was there instead of Hamilton - nor would it be any better for us to have Hamilton instead of Trouba. Unless Hamilton specifically loves playing on his offside...

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
LOL, No..just not even close.

Hamilton is only 7 months older than Trouba and outpoints him 2 to 1.

After a rough start getting use to a new team/linemates Hamilton ended the season trending up with a career high 12g/43pts, Trouba has trended down from his rookie season with only 6g/21pts last year.

You want a 23 year old 6'6/220lb great skating offensive defenseman it would take Trouba and a big +

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
LOL, No..just not even close.

Hamilton is only 7 months older than Trouba and outpoints him 2 to 1.

After a rough start getting use to a new team/linemates Hamilton ended the season trending up with a career high 12g/43pts, Trouba has trended down from his rookie season with only 6g/21pts last year.

You want a 23 year old 6'6/220lb great skating offensive defenseman it would take Trouba and a big +

No worries, a Jets fan didn't start the thread, and I doubt the Jets are interested in trading Trouba for Hamilton anyway.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Why would the Flames do this? I could at least understand trading Hamilton for a top 6 winger + a middle pairing defenseman. To trade him and other assets for an inferior player makes no sense.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
No.

I like Trouba, I like his potential, but I'm not paying an arm and a leg to acquire him, and then potentially have to pay him the other arm and leg in dollars.

I also don't think he's as proven as Hamilton as this point.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
When did Hamilton learn how to play defense? He's older, overpaid and worse.

Hamilton is not overpaid. His defensive game isn't as good as Trouba, but Hamilton also plays a much better offensive game.

While we're on the topic of overpaid, it will be interesting to see how much Trouba ends up getting.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
When did Hamilton learn how to play defense? He's older, overpaid and worse.

When did Trouba? Trouba is about to be overpaid, and is worse right now, and highly overrated. Hamilton is also a SINGLE year older.

It's easy to play that game.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/7QPM6MP2T?:display_count=yes

Advanced stats suggest Hamilton is better at Shot Suppression and a better possession player than Trouba, while producing better offensively.

The Flames are also one of the few teams that had worse goaltending than the Jets last season, so you can't even say that makes a difference in their numbers either.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Whatever works for you.

There's actual backing behind my statement.

So a mentally fragile player is better than Trouba at everything except hitting? If that's the case I can't imagine why he wants 6 million +. Hamilton makes less than that, is mentally fragile and a much better hockey player.

Trouba is right up there with Seth Jones for most overrated defenseman in the league. His best year was his rookie year. He's gotten worse every year since. Reminds me a bit of a poor man's version of Phaneuf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad