Proposal: Cgy - LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't see the upside with Valimaki Kylington has. I know people regarded him more highly, but that was because people somehow value pedigree more than actual talent. Kylington skates at another level than almost any defenseman in the league. It allows him to make up for his risky plays with pure pace. Valimaki makes worse mistakes without the pace to make up for them.

Valimaki has played less and made less mistakes than Kylington before this year.

It takes a while to figure out when to pinch and when to retreat. Like two months ago, anyone saying Kylington had more potential would have been laughed at. Valimaki has all the attributes you want in a defender, just hasn't put it together yet. But on the flip side he's only played 119 games in 3 different leagues in the last 4 years. It'll come.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Valimaki has played less and made less mistakes than Kylington before this year.

It takes a while to figure out when to pinch and when to retreat. Like two months ago, anyone saying Kylington had more potential would have been laughed at. Valimaki has all the attributes you want in a defender, just hasn't put it together yet. But on the flip side he's only played 119 games in 3 different leagues in the last 4 years. It'll come.

I see your point but there are a lot of if's and when's in there.
Also bouncing between 3 teams in 4 years is not great.

People will not offer real blue chip prospects for if's and when's
What do you think is a realistic return from the Kings?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I see your point but there are a lot of if's and when's in there.
Also bouncing between 3 teams in 4 years is not great.

People will not offer real blue chip prospects for if's and when's
What do you think is a realistic return from the Kings?

No idea and no interest in trading him.

He's been our best prospect for years, just has horrendous luck

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Completely disagree with that statement. Valimaki was by FAR our worst defender last year. They tried like crazy to shelter him and he was still a dumpster fire.

We are in a tough spot with him. He needs 100 games in the AHL, but won't make it through waivers. I'd deal him for a high 2nd any day of the week.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Completely disagree with that statement. Valimaki was by FAR our worst defender last year. They tried like crazy to shelter him and he was still a dumpster fire.

We are in a tough spot with him. He needs 100 games in the AHL, but won't make it through waivers. I'd deal him for a high 2nd any day of the week.

Haha crazy how two people can watch the same thing and just see drastically different things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad