Proposal: Cgy - LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Juuso Valimaki
For
Gabriel Vilardi

- Both players are the same age, both have struggled a bit with injuries early in their careers. Kings are rich with impact forward prospects but could possibly use more depth at LD. Flames can afford to move Valimaki with Hanifin/Kylington’s emergence this year and could play Villardi at RW this year as they desperately lack RHS or put him at C and move Dube back to the wing permanently. Thoughts ??

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd think the Flames add. Shouldn't be that big of an add, but something.
Nah, nobody adds

At this point Valimaki probably has a better future. It takes longer for dman to develop and he is not bad. Sutter just has fetish for big guys, that’s why he is sitting for zadorov

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Position / depth wise it makes sense, but i don't know enough about Valimaki to know if value is reasonable. Has he shown anything to suggest he has top 4 ability / potential?

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Position / depth wise it makes sense, but i don't know enough about Valimaki to know if value is reasonable. Has he shown anything to suggest he has top 4 ability / potential?

Has dominated offensively in every league he’s been in but has yet to find consistent footing in the NHL but has shown flashes and his defense has come a long way. I still think he settles in to a very good #4 D who can QB a PP.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Has dominated offensively in every league he’s been in but has yet to find consistent footing in the NHL but has shown flashes and his defense has come a long way. I still think he settles in to a very good #4 D who can QB a PP.

Reading about a serious knee injury is a concern. I've had an acl done and its hard to overcome. Realisticly is he any better than kale clague or sean walker?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I dont mind it as a base... but i think calgary adds something fairly big

big fan of vilardi.... but i feel like there isnt really room for him anytime soon on kings...

got to expect byfield/turcotte + denault and kopitar make him somewhat expendable.... and kings could use a dmen

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The emergence of Clague puts this trade to bed.
If anything we need a big solid crease clearing D man to replace Maatta.
Well he is 6'2, 212lbs. I'd pass, as a Flames fan. Vilardi just isn't an upgrade on anyone that we currently have. Valimaki could easily be argued as an upgrade on Zad, right now.

Reactions: Nanuuk

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is Denisenko just a victim of too many established guys in front of him? Thought he was progressing well and due to stick in the NHL this year

Pretty much.
He doesn't project to be a bottom 6 guy and we have Huberdeau, Verhaeghe, Duclair, Reinhart and Tippett who are currently better and ahead of him.

Not sure if he will want to wait this year and next before being a NHL regular.

Denisenko might be worth a look for one of our b-prospects.

Would Akil Thomas for Denisenko get it done?

Love Thomas but FLA is after a top 4 D if Denisenko is moved, adds if necessary.

Reactions: Lt Dan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Denisenko might be worth a look for one of our b-prospects.

Would Akil Thomas for Denisenko get it done?

Akil is one of the least likely prospects to be traded I think. Management just seems to love him.

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad