Waived: [CGY] Ilya Solovyov waived by the Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bond

May 10, 2012
In fairness Ruzicka had something if only he’d uh… kept it on the rails.
That was his entire issue though. If he put in the effort he needed to every game then he would be a top 6 guy. It went back to his draft profile of being wildly inconsistent.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Solo will be an NHL defenseman, but hes not a regular yet. Better to play lots of minutes in the AHL vs limited NHL minutes. I think Hanley gets the Stone treatment on the roster, which I think he would be fine with. Barrie isnt needed but it wouldnt shock me for the Flames to sign him and not roll too many new defensemen in front of young goalies. Dont agree with it but it is what it is.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
lol I always love the overreactions to players getting waived. Ruzicka and Phillips were sure fire top 6 guys. Even Valimaki didn’t hurt that much.

I mean I'd love to have Valimaki back right now. That was a huge blunder.

Ruzicka I'm guessing they knew he was partying to much

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
lol I always love the overreactions to players getting waived. Ruzicka and Phillips were sure fire top 6 guys. Even Valimaki didn’t hurt that much.
I'm the only person that seems to care, and usually I don't give a shit when guys are waived and I'm teh voice of reason. I am VERY high on Solo and for a rebuilding team to potentially toss him away for nothing in favor of plugs like Tinordi and Hanley is just plain stupid in my opinion. He's been a stabilizing presence for the Wranglers the last 2 years and is essentially a Belarusian Tanev in the making and has great rapport and communication with Wolf.

Reactions: KOS21

Ad

Ad

Ad