Waived: [CGY] Ilya Solovyov waived by the Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
That seems foolish, get rid of Hanley and Barrie first

He'll probably clear with a two year contract though

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
f***ing stupid decision by Conroy, he clearly hoping that there aren't enough injuries to d-men and thinks he can sneak him through... but with f***ing Tinordi, Barrie, Hanley & Bean still in camp, this is f***ing moronic.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
giphy.gif

Ledge And Dairy

f***ing stupid decision by Conroy, he clearly hoping that there aren't enough injuries to d-men and thinks he can sneak him through... but with f***ing Tinordi, Barrie, Hanley & Bean still in camp, this is f***ing moronic.
You're overreacting. A player has to actively be a clear upgrade on a roster to be worth claiming. Yes he has potential but he's not there yet. Even if he does get claimed that team then can't waive him without Calgary just getting to take him back if there are no other claims

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Awful decision to waive him over the likes of Hanley or so they can sign Barrie. Solovyov's already a solid #6.

Solo is LD. Barrie is RD affects the situation for Hanley (LD/RD), Miromanov and Pachal.

Bean, Bahl, Hanley and Tinordi are the guys who are involved with the Solo waiving and I have a feeling that one or two of those guys (last two names) will also be waived.

Isn't this the dude who said he was going to be the best dman in the NHL last season?

I think that was Miromanov? But either way, you need to adjust the sensitivity to your sarcasm/optimism/joke detector.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
They currently have Barrie slotted in on the left side for reasons

giphy.webp

I mean... you have a point there, but that's also 8 dmen.

IIRC we haven't officially signed Barrie yet, so maybe it's an audition to figure out if he can play both sides like Hanley prior to demoting someone or tabling an NHL contract? Hanley/Pachal or Barrie as #7, Bean 3rd pair LD, one of Hanley/Pachal/Barrie sent to be Wranglers top pairing?

Either way though, even without Barrie, I think someone needed to be sent down. Solo makes sense as the Wrangler's top pairing vs the #7 on the Flames (I can see the argument for Bean over Solo). Even if Solo is better than Hanley, the long term development/stagnation risk is worse.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
giphy.webp

IIRC we haven't officially signed Barrie yet, so maybe it's an audition to figure out if he can play both sides like Hanley prior to demoting someone or tabling an NHL contract? Hanley/Pachal or Barrie as #7, Bean 3rd pair LD, one of Hanley/Pachal/Barrie sent to be Wranglers top pairing?

Either way though, even without Barrie, I think someone needed to be sent down. Solo makes sense as the Wrangler's top pairing vs the #7 on the Flames (I can see the argument for Bean over Solo). Even if Solo is better than Hanley, the long term development/stagnation risk is worse.
8 dmen but just 13 forwards and 2 goalies making for a 23 man roster. No Coronato, Pelletier, or Honzek but Schwindt stays for some inexplicable reason.

It probably is an audition for Barrie to see if he can play on the left but they really seem to like him regardless.

At most they maybe waive Hanley to keep up one of the trio of forwards prospects but either way, there's still a ridiculous veteran bias in the Flames organization.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You're overreacting. A player has to actively be a clear upgrade on a roster to be worth claiming. Yes he has potential but he's not there yet. Even if he does get claimed that team then can't waive him without Calgary just getting to take him back if there are no other claims
I don't think I am. I've watched every game of his pro career. Conroy f***ed up.

giphy.webp

I think Barrie gets signed and they chose Tinordi over Solo because he's basically a face puncher (more of a punchee if we're honest)

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Don't sign Barrie, let Hanley get waived, keep Solovyov up would be my ideal.

Even if he's #7, theres no way this defense is consistent enough for him to not play. Aside from Andersson and Weegar they all have question marks. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them sit a game or two for another perspective.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Don't sign Barrie, let Hanley get waived, keep Solovyov up would be my ideal.

Even if he's #7, theres no way this defense is consistent enough for him to not play. Aside from Andersson and Weegar they all have question marks. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them sit a game or two for another perspective.
Hell even sign Barrie, with this defense corps and injuries, he'll still play.

Ledge And Dairy

I don't think I am. I've watched every game of his pro career. Conroy f***ed up.

I think Barrie gets signed and they chose Tinordi over Solo because he's basically a face puncher (more of a punchee if we're honest)
Dude he was pretty bad last night and he's been pretty mediocre at camp as is. He hasn't earned a spot at all. I highly doubt he gets claimed as I can't name a single team where he's an upgrade to their current d-core on, that doesn't also have their own Solovyov like player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad