Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] F Sam Honzek signs ELC with the Flames (3 years, $950k AAV)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
honzo.png

kind eyes
inviting luscious lips
determined Aquilline nose
aggressive brow game

needs a better barber tho

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
well what a coincidence!

kind eyes
luscious inviting lips
determined Aquilline nose
also needs a freakin barber

it's
erik-karlsson-2020-44.jpg

it's a sign!!!
(trade for Erik Karlsson yo

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
former vancouver giant
i know this bc my mod is a big giants fan

I mean, unless he's part of the euro-loaned CHL club that can go to the AHL (doubt he would be ready for it anyway) or he somehow makes the NHL (extremely doubtful), he will be a Giants this year too.

This is likely a cap-saving via contract-slide and signing bonus candy-giving move rather than an actual relevant signing.

Reactions: FourQuarters

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Yeah scouts have his potential as a middle 6 at best. Really the kind of potential they wanted when there was way better players available.
Except the real scouts drafted him at 16 ;). So the couch scouts think he isnt good but the real ones do.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah scouts have his potential as a middle 6 at best. Really the kind of potential they wanted when there was way better players available.

I've always loved mediocrity as a Flames fan! This pick is perfect for us!

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'll take a big scoring 2nd line winger and be quite happy about it.

Anyone expecting more out of a mid to late first should give their head a shake. Saw a 2016 redraft recently and Dube was like #20.

More I learn about this kid the better the pick seems. Outside the top 10 there might be ten guys who hit top line value. He has as good as a chance of any of them to be that guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
As much as I hate the nickname Honzo, after mulling it over, I guess they decided they couldn't go with Honny. I wonder if they'll give him a cup of coffee this season. We haven't seen prospects get those 9 games in a long time...

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
As much as I hate the nickname Honzo, after mulling it over, I guess they decided they couldn't go with Honny. I wonder if they'll give him a cup of coffee this season. We haven't seen prospects get those 9 games in a long time...

Doesn't seem like there's much point. Let him have a year.

Hardly enough room for more mature prospects as is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad