Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Tyson Barrie signs with the Flames (1 year, $1.25M)

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Some players improve in their late 20s. Most of the guys that are borderline players at 25 fail to ever become NHL regulars. Odds are there won't be a single guy from the Flames D-core still on the team when they make the playoffs again.

This signing is better than nothing for the Flames, but why pretend like he is sheltering prospects? The Flames don't have any D prospects on their roster.
By signing him, he is in fact helping to shelter their D prospects :huh:

Barrie is a known commodity but this signing stops Calgary from forcing a prospect into the NHL.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Yeah, they don't have much experience because they are scrubs.

More experience won't fix lack of talent.
I mean miro has played like 50 games and he's already a few steps ahead of Barrie. Give the guy a full training camp and season and he's going to improve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
95ksok.jpg

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Pachal and Miromanov have both shown promise since being acquired. Bahl has shown some promise in NJ... even if the odds are slim, why piss that away by throwing them into the fire when they clearly aren't ready to handle it? It's basic common sense. But asking you to use that in Flames related thread is too much of an ask
If they are NHL level defenders they will be sheltering Barrie not the other way around. Since when has Barrie sheltered anyone? Can't expect basic common sense from you though. :laugh:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
If they are NHL level defenders they will be sheltering Barrie not the other way around. Since when has Barrie sheltered anyone? Can't expect basic common sense from you though. :laugh:
Barrie sucks.
Barrie is old.
When Barrie sucks it doesn't matter because his career is almost over.

Pachal, Miromanov and Bahl are inexperienced
Pachal, Miromanov and Bahl are still improving
When they suck it matters because it can destroy their confidence

Don't bother continuing, because I'm going to hit the flush button

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The poster is asking how Barrie will get PP time as most PPs, not sure about Calgary's use 1 dman and that would be Weegar, or Andersson

Calgary only used 3D last season between their 2 PP units. They were Weegar, Anderson and Hanifin, in that order for mins played per game with Weegar leading the group. Barrie will be getting Hanifin's PP mins.

He's a good pickup for 1.25m for a club with a need on the powerplay.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Barrie sucks.
Barrie is old.
When Barrie sucks it doesn't matter because his career is almost over.

Pachal, Miromanov and Bahl are inexperienced
Pachal, Miromanov and Bahl are still improving
When they suck it matters because it can destroy their confidence

Don't bother continuing, because I'm going to hit the flush button
I don’t think they understand that Barrie is a signing to shelter these guys from being thrown to the wolves in the NHL. Barrie wasn’t signed to carry a defensive pairing in the NHL

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
So much for Barrie being an option for the Oilers defence.
I'm sure if any team of note wanted him he'd be signed by them. Losing 50 games this year in Calgary probably wasn't on his bucket list. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad