CFL 2024

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I got my invoice emailed to me on Saturday and noticed that the price only went up to $550 per seat where I sit. I think Larry must have made some changes because I thought I was looking at them going up to $725 for next year.
Given the year they had and the last few seasons a modest increase is all they should be thinking.

Good to see there wasn't that massive jump to 725 for you as that's kind of ridiculous

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I got my invoice emailed to me on Saturday and noticed that the price only went up to $550 per seat where I sit. I think Larry must have made some changes because I thought I was looking at them going up to $725 for next year.
Same here. I think they also tweaked the price zones a bit as the section beside me was higher last year, but now the same price for this coming year.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I got dinged for an increase because my seats are row 9 center field, used to be P2 now considered P1. I'll give it one more year and see how it goes.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Good.

"The 36-year-old was issued a fine by the CFL for bringing the league into disrepute via comments made to the media after criticizing the officials following his team’s loss to Saskatchewan. Bethel-Thompson took issue with a fourth-quarter video review which overturned a critical goal-line catch by Javon Leake, calling it “bogus” and a “ridiculous call.”

While the quarterback insisted that the play should not have been reviewed without a coach’s challenge as it was not a scoring play, he was incorrect in his criticism. The CFL has automatically reviewed all potential scoring plays since 2018"

So it wasnt a scoring play, but in here it says they review potential scoring plays without a coaches challenge.

Once again the CFL making shit up as they go.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Bombers gifted a phantom PI call to get back into the game.
Unbelievable. Maybe I’m missing an angle that shows PI, but I saw nothing from any angle they showed.

The CFL reffing itself brings the league into disrepute. What a joke.

Oh and I dislike the Elks. Go Riders.
That’s okay, no problem. As long as you like the Eskimos.;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Good.

"The 36-year-old was issued a fine by the CFL for bringing the league into disrepute via comments made to the media after criticizing the officials following his team’s loss to Saskatchewan. Bethel-Thompson took issue with a fourth-quarter video review which overturned a critical goal-line catch by Javon Leake, calling it “bogus” and a “ridiculous call.”

While the quarterback insisted that the play should not have been reviewed without a coach’s challenge as it was not a scoring play, he was incorrect in his criticism. The CFL has automatically reviewed all potential scoring plays since 2018"

So it wasnt a scoring play, but in here it says they review potential scoring plays without a coaches challenge.

Once again the CFL making shit up as they go.
This is the way I see it as well. It was not a scoring play, and the original determination was it wasn't a scoring play. So we did get jobbed on that one and MBT is either right, or at least has a case.

TSN says that MBT will not dress for today's game.
Was already stated by the Elks yesterday.

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
Always the smartest guy on the board.
IMG_5216.jpeg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That’s the worst call I’ve ever seen in sports. The fact it was upheld is insanity and an indictment on the CFL.

It really is an unwatchable league unless you are a diehard , so hard to take seriously with the level of officiating and ‘experts’ in the command centre.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That’s the worst call I’ve ever seen in sports. The fact it was upheld is insanity and an indictment on the CFL.
The CFL has clearly adopted the NHL’s game management policy and they’ve taken it to a whole other level. The league becoming more and more of a joke every season. Not a shred of credibility left at this point.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
- A phantom call extends the game. If anything, it looked like offensive pass interference to me. Pass interference is always called in the CFL in the last minute--- as a matter of course. The defensive back has the right to not give up ground or any advantage to the receiver. Hand fighting and jockeying for position are part of the game. How in the world did that stand up after review? Was Stevie Wonder in the booth?

-Another great game by Rankin, definitely the EE's nominee for rookie of the year

-Another great punting show By Julienne. This might have been a good game to give him some place kicking experience.

-Ford had some good moments. Threw that lob which got tipped for the interception but on that critical TD drive he got it done. And that's the thing....no excuses just get it done. It doesn't have to be pretty. On the TD throw he rolled out to the right and then cut back inside. He does that well. His mobility is what allows for that move.

-When was the last time that the EE swept the Stamps in any season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad