CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Two big games on the schedule tonight. Hamilton is all but eliminated with a loss to the Argos, but would still be firmly in the playoff hunt with a win. Lots at stake here, and a fishy call that helps Hamilton keep the stretch drive interesting out East would be... less than shocking lol.

A Calgary win over Sask would create a virtual three-way tie for third in the West, giving Edmonton a chance to move into a playoff spot with a win tomorrow. I think that's probably the preferred outcome for us. If the Riders win, the Elks are under big pressure to win and keep pace...Stamps win and the Elks are still in decent position if they stumbled tomorrow, even though they'd wake up in 5th place. I have a feeling the Riders are finally going to win a close game, but if not there will be serious panic in Riderville if there's not already.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I could see the CFL eventually going the college route and having teams just line up for 2-point convert attempts until the tie is broken. If for no other reason than they like to tinker with the rules consistently. I wouldn't be opposed, but ties are rare enough that status quo is fine by me as well.
Not terrible but too similar to the shootout in hockey as it's high percentage scoring plays that focus moreso on your short yardage experts instead of at least some semblance of real football with all your regular key players.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Two big games on the schedule tonight. Hamilton is all but eliminated with a loss to the Argos, but would still be firmly in the playoff hunt with a win. Lots at stake here, and a fishy call that helps Hamilton keep the stretch drive interesting out East would be... less than shocking lol.

A Calgary win over Sask would create a virtual three-way tie for third in the West, giving Edmonton a chance to move into a playoff spot with a win tomorrow. I think that's probably the preferred outcome for us. If the Riders win, the Elks are under big pressure to win and keep pace...Stamps win and the Elks are still in decent position if they stumbled tomorrow, even though they'd wake up in 5th place. I have a feeling the Riders are finally going to win a close game, but if not there will be serious panic in Riderville if there's not already.

I agree with the bolded. Mostly because Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatchewan all have one game each against each other so a Calgary win puts Edmonton's fate fully in their own hands regardless of tomorrow's result. A Sask win coupled with a stumble vs Winnipeg, Edmonton's back to needing some help.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can confirm. Don't like much of their music, but the documentary was very entertaining.

With the requirement to go for 2 points on a TD, it's already a pretty rare occurence (4 times in 10 years) so I'm fine with it. I'd prefer the drives start on the Centre line or at least the 45 forcing a team to at least make a couple plays to secure a field goal or have the degree of difficulty on that field goal to be much higher. I'd also consider a 3rd mini game possibly, but I don't like how a third mini game could let a team add up to 24 points to their score after 60 minutes.

The CFL OT rule is light years better than the NFLs.
Or just force Ottawa and Calgary to play until there's a winner.:D

Reactions: bone

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Not terrible but too similar to the shootout in hockey as it's high percentage scoring plays that focus moreso on your short yardage experts instead of at least some semblance of real football with all your regular key players.

It does cheapen things, for sure. I guess it comes down to how annoying you find a tie to look at in the standings. The majority seem to prefer ties be broken at all costs in most sports, so eliminating them probably would be well-received.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Hamilton pulls it out. One of the best games of the year, and a superb performance by Marc Legghio. Agree though on the clownish behaviour of the officials. Tried too hard to put their stamp on the game.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Sask secondary is making Maier look good and letting Calgary hang around in the late game. Waiting for the usual couple of interceptions by him.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Dear Riders fans,

I normally can't stand your team. But I will always be grateful for someone who puts Calgary in the L column where they belong.

Well done.

Sincerely,

An Esks fan in peace

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Lining up in shotgun and throwing on 3rd and 1 is an all-time hilarious play call

Dickenson is circling the drain at this point. His decline in coaching ability has been noticeable, and last night's baffling call pretty much ended their season.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Dear Riders fans,

I normally can't stand your team. But I will always be grateful for someone who puts Calgary in the L column where they belong.

Well done.

Sincerely,

An Esks fan in peace
While normally true I can’t help but think that win for the riders hurts the already slim chances for the elks to make the playoffs.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
While normally true I can’t help but think that win for the riders hurts the already slim chances for the elks to make the playoffs.

Edmonton has 4 games left against West opponents (including Sask again), they control their own destiny really. You sweep Winnipeg in this back to back and you're ahead of them in the standings.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad