CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Besides ending up on the wrong end of a 2 on 1 jump ball that was still the right play to make imo, MBT has been solid.
I will give him some credit in this game.

A couple of jump balls and one intercept but he got it done.

Slowly getting close to being back in the race. It sure is nice to actually want to watch the games again.
Yup, this is fun again.

Credit to the defense in this one-- Morgan, Anderson and Oakman (perfect name for a defensive lineman) were all great in this game.

Rankin is a beast when he gets into the backfield. He's a power runner and very tough to take down.

Last edited:

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Everyone: "The Elks suck again! Their season is over!"

Tre Ford:
yoda-star-wars.gif

please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok please be ok

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Suddenly Edmonton has the best QB depth in the league lmao
I have never underestimated Ford's ability but with his style you knew that he wasn't going to start 18 games (no quarterback in the CFL does) so the Eskies had to sign another arm. The problem was that Jone's didn't want to use them in tandem when Eskimo history said that duos proved to be very effective. Just silly stubborn on Jone's part.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Also credit to the defensive coaches who made a critical change after Stanback started to rip them up in the first quarter.

They went to a five man rush with Anderson plugging up the middle instead of the 4 man rush that the D used at the start of the game.

Its interesting that since Jones departed (with his very stubborn 4 man or even 3 man rushes) that the D is suddenly getting some heat on the QB's. Not to mention the odd blitz.

That was what shocked me about Jones during the last few seasons. For a guy who built his reputation on innovative defenses he displayed no imagination whatsoever. 3 and 4 man rushes made a rookie backfield look even worse than they were. What was the guy thinking?

Also suddenly Elks have a lot of playmakers
Nothing succeeds like success.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Also credit to the defensive coaches who made a critical change after Stanback started to rip them up in the first quarter.

They went to a five man rush with Anderson plugging up the middle instead of the 4 man rush that the D used at the start of the game.

Its interesting that since Jones departed (with his very stubborn 4 man or even 3 man rushes) that the D is suddenly getting some heat on the QB's. Not to mention the odd blitz.

That was what shocked me about Jones during the last few seasons. For a guy who built his reputation on innovative defenses he displayed no imagination whatsoever. 3 and 4 man rushes made a rookie backfield look even worse than they were. What was the guy thinking?

Nothing succeeds like success.
I actually wonder about his general well being. The man was in the liquid pretty heavy in Regina and then out of pro ball after the NFL experiment. And the implosion now in Edmonton Part Deux, it makes you wonder if he has spiralled somewhat. I hope he’s well.

He’s definitely not the D Guru he started out as.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4