CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Ford did more in 5 mins than MBT all game!
The Hamilton D was playing off but no doubt that was impressive and gave the team some hope. The guy can scramble and throw on the run--no doubt.

Why do I get the feeling that BLT might start next game though?

The end of this game doesn’t reflect well on the coaching staff.
The last ten years hasn't either.

It’s late in a blowout game, so a grain of salt needs to be taken, but it’s infuriating seeing the offense actually look competent with Ford playing. Absolutely moronic that once again they gassed big money on another mediocre QB and pissed the season away as a result.
They knew the guy couldn't scramble but his arm strength and accuracy are just scary.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think the team needs to be sold to HFOil.

We've been screaming for Ford to get a chance since game 2.

HFOil has some ‘interesting’ takes about running the Oilers, but pretty much to a man (except for the one guy who must be related to Cornelius) we’ve analyzed the failure of this team quite accurately.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Ford has thoroughly embarrassed Jarius Jackson. Made him look like a complete fool, “I’m sticking with MBT” at half and then finally caves and throws Ford in once the game is a complete blow out only to see Ford throw 3 td’s.

Jackson got completely exposed.

Are you still hanging onto your bitcoin?

Reactions: Duke74

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
That was the most entertaining 10 minutes of football that I watched at Commonwealth all year. I'm a bit hoarse from all the booing I felt obligated to do but I think it may have actually had some influence on the bench.MC-BLT should never have been brought in, you don't need a 36 year old quarterback with a bad attitude when you are trying to build a team.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Well, since it’s clear he not wanted in EE, yes we would take him. I’d even toss Trevor Harris in the deal. The Elks mgt love older established QBs.

:)
If thh new ownership told his camp this circus show of a coaching staff will be completely expunged and that he would be the starter, he might consider staying but even that's a long shot.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That was the most entertaining 10 minutes of football that I watched at Commonwealth all year. I'm a bit hoarse from all the booing I felt obligated to do but I think it may have actually had some influence on the bench.MC-BLT should never have been brought in, you don't need a 36 year old quarterback with a bad attitude when you are trying to build a team.
There was an easy way to handle this from the start of the season.

The EE could have used MBT and Ford as a tandem (as I thought they would) but instead went with the type of strategy that has gotten them into so much trouble for the past decade.

Moon-Wilkie, Dunigan-Allen, Ray-Maas were all used succesfully in combination and I don't understand why that couldn't have worked here starting in game #1. When a guy is cold you bring in somebody else. In MLB its called a relief pitcher. I just don't understand what was so complicated here.

As somebody said earlier in the thread, it looks these coaches and managers are simply in way over their heads. Listening to JJ at half time I felt embarassed for the guy.

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, since it’s clear he not wanted in EE, yes we would take him. I’d even toss Trevor Harris in the deal. The Elks mgt love older established QBs.

:)
I think he's wanted by many but you have to get control of the management team and install somebody that the team trusts and someone who is more mature than the current cast and crew of Gilligan's island.

Right now, there is no leadership figure in the coaching or management ranks.

I never watched this guy very much prior to this season but its obvious that he has zero mobility, limited arm strength and is kind of a snarly character to boot.

Even if Ford does start for the rest of the season its time to start trolling the NFL camps for another arm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad