CFL 2024

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Idk why spending that cap money on MBT was so important.

Also why is Prukop short yardage. Ford isn’t even getting reps.

Jones must have it out for Tre. Either he’s a racist or a dolt. Or both.

I think I can run faster than MBT.
I don't think Jones is a racist but he seems to have simply fallen off a cliff as a coach with such poor decisions and game strategy. At least Brown was a major part of the game plan tonight as opposed to the last game. Overall, just bewildering.

Geroy Simon said they didn't like Fords work ethic etc.

Ya the same Simon who BC cut loose because he was passed over again and again for the GM role.
House cleaning required.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think Jones is a racist but he seems to have simply fallen off a cliff as a coach with such poor decisions and game strategy. At least Brown was a major part of the game plan tonight as opposed to the last game. Overall, just bewildering.

House cleaning required.
He’s a bad coach and a bad GM, which is a problem since he’s both here,

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Honestly, I think this team is the best it has looked in 3 years. Doesn't look like a disjointed and amateurish mess. Team still makes mistakes at critical times though. Like Skinner and Nurse. I'm still seeing some positives though.

Yeah, both losses seem much closer than a lot of other early season games from what I recall. If they can improve during the season I could see them finally making it to the playoffs

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Playing a tight game against a strong (and still underrated IMO) Montreal team isn't bad in and of itself, but they just couldn't afford to dig themselves into a hole to start the year yet again, and that's exactly what they've done.

The offense is not better under MBT than Ford. Probably marginally better through the air, but completely vanilla without the threat of a QB run. So basically Jones blew 500 grand or whatever on a lateral move. Imagine that money being spent on 3 other all stars elsewhere on the roster and this might actually be a half decent team by now.

The defense is surprisingly alright considering the no-name personnel. A couple big errors for sure, but holding Montreal to 23 should yield a win most of the time. They were getting good pressure on Fajardo as the game wore on. I was concerned early, but they buttoned things down in the second half.

All that said, if Mitchell grips a sure major and they don't brainlessly gamble on the next play, they probably win. I have no f***ing clue why you would gamble there with the D playing well and kick coverage being strong. Pin the Als deep and live to fight another day. The whole game slipped away on that one sequence.

Shaping up to be another situation where they're sitting 2-7 in August and we're again feeling that if they could have just won one of these last two games it would be a totally different season.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

He’s not, I’m just mad. But man I’m running out of logical reasons why we’re making these decisions.

Hiring a cooked QB for our cooked coach is very Edmonton sports tho.

Reactions: MoontoScott

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Geroy Simon said they didn't like Fords work ethic etc.

Ya the same Simon who BC cut loose because he was passed over again and again for the GM role.

so they preferred to spend all of our money QB with a cooked arm rather than taking the in-house young scramble QB with decent stats last year and spending that half a million on improving the rest of the roster.

All over “work ethic”… brilliant. Another management group that thinks they’re smarter than they actually are.

I would rather we never signed MBT and instead got a PUNTER THAT CAN PUNT THE BALL.

Like seriously. This guy punts 1/2 the distance that the MTL punter did at best. All of his punts were spinning end-over-end rather than spiralling too.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Julien is going to have a good year punting the ball. He usually has good hang time too.

Can't blame the players for idiot management. I still love this team.
I love the team (and have since I was a wee lad) but I dont love this organization.
Its an imposter.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
*me every time MBT steps out there*

Yeah he doesn’t have the arm to go deep IN A PASSING LEAGUE

Did nobody bother to do some due diligence on this guy in 2024? Maybe a tryout?

f***ing lazy fatass Chris Jones. Have another doughnut.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if nobody from the organization actually scouted him in the USFL or whatever league he was in last year. He had a strong arm in Toronto certainly, but father time comes knocking sooner or later. Underthrown balls from a guy previously known for arm strength is worrisome.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if nobody from the organization actually scouted him in the USFL or whatever league he was in last year. He had a strong arm in Toronto certainly, but father time comes knocking sooner or later. Underthrown balls from a guy previously known for arm strength is worrisome.
He has always been a QB that throws INT’s, for every TD he throws he throws 0.72 INT’s. That why I didn’t understand the signing, we are a growing team with suspect Oline, you need someone that can scramble.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Will Ferrell was done 2 years ago. I also have no idea as to why they signed him.

Missed the game yesterday, honestly, didn't even realize we were playing. And I used to make it a point to watch the games, if not go to them. I feel bad about that.

I hope the new owner has a sense of humor.
And lots and lots of $$$ to burn.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Did Kevin Brown play? Just watched the hi-lights and I don't think I saw one play with him even shown.

Looked like they played okay, but just like their hockey brethren, made too many stupid mistakes. And that has been the theme under their coach and GM ever since he got here just in time for the Elks to begin play. I will predict 5 wins and a 2 year extension for Jones after the season.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Did Kevin Brown play? Just watched the hi-lights and I don't think I saw one play with him even shown.

Looked like they played okay, but just like their hockey brethren, made too many stupid mistakes. And that has been the theme under their coach and GM ever since he got here just in time for the Elks to begin play. I will predict 5 wins and a 2 year extension for Jones after the season.
He played and did ok. Yes, team made dumb mistakes at the wrong time. They do look better overall though.
I think Jones has half the season and they'll let him go if the record stinks.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Brown did play and he broke a few tackles for good gains.

He hardly touched the ball in the season opener.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Playing a tight game against a strong (and still underrated IMO) Montreal team isn't bad in and of itself, but they just couldn't afford to dig themselves into a hole to start the year yet again, and that's exactly what they've done.

The offense is not better under MBT than Ford. Probably marginally better through the air, but completely vanilla without the threat of a QB run. So basically Jones blew 500 grand or whatever on a lateral move. Imagine that money being spent on 3 other all stars elsewhere on the roster and this might actually be a half decent team by now.

The defense is surprisingly alright considering the no-name personnel. A couple big errors for sure, but holding Montreal to 23 should yield a win most of the time. They were getting good pressure on Fajardo as the game wore on. I was concerned early, but they buttoned things down in the second half.

All that said, if Mitchell grips a sure major and they don't brainlessly gamble on the next play, they probably win. I have no f***ing clue why you would gamble there with the D playing well and kick coverage being strong. Pin the Als deep and live to fight another day. The whole game slipped away on that one sequence.

Shaping up to be another situation where they're sitting 2-7 in August and we're again feeling that if they could have just won one of these last two games it would be a totally different season.
The extra 100K+ that we are paying Corn to not be here would be nice to have now as well. Not that I trust that Jones would use it wisely. It's nice that we are at least in games now, but moral victories won't cut it at this point.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
IMG_1236.jpeg
Pre-game at Lions game. Their owner has nailed putting on a good party. Sold out. A couple pics from my drive-by.
IMG_1237.jpeg
IMG_1237.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1237.jpeg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I honestly couldn't pick this 4 bits guy out of a lineup, or name even one of his songs. I'm definitely not part of their target market. ;)
Not my jam either. This is only the tailgate party with a stage and live toonage. But this game has hit and a biggie part is for 50 Centavos in the house. Pretty diverse crowd too despite my lame drive-by photos. Nice to see a full barn for CFL football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad