CFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m watching the game on low volume so I keep missing the interviews. They’ve been showing a photo of six legacy quarterbacks there today. I easily recognize Ham, Allen, Ray, Dunnigan and Moon but I’m drawing a blank on the sixth guy. Who is it?
Oops sorry I see you saw him

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
But Wilkie was accurate.

Brutal kick and just about went for the distance going the other way.
Accurate…just took a while to get there.
I remember the game announcer - Wes Montgomery - having fun while announcing the play whenever Wilkie was tossing ‘em.
“That pass travelled 15 yards, including the flutter”….as an example.
Wilkie was a fan fave….every beer leaguers idol.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Accurate…just took a while to get there.
I remember the game announcer - Wes Montgomery - having fun while announcing the play whenever Wilkie was tossing ‘em.
“That pass travelled 15 yards, including the flutter”….as an example.
Wilkie was a fan fave….every beer leaguers idol.
Wes and Wilkie probably drank Edmonton dry a few times.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Glad to see the Elks take over the Riders legendary history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. A hundred year curse was long enough!
Jones gets what he deserves. Have a budding QB star in the making and he wastes cap on a veteran instead.

His three big FA signings this offseason literally directly responsible for the loss.

Leake, Bede and MBT.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, what can you say?

The usual defensive implosion in the 4th quarter.

Of 12 starters on the EE defense, only 1 (linebacker Morgan) has more than 2 years experience.

7 rookies on the defense with no CFL experience.

No pass rush which doesn't help the 2 rookies (Jackson and Bynum) in the D-backfield. Gray has 2 years in the league--sleeping on the back breaker.

Not much from the offense in the 2nd half either. The swing pass is the go-to play again. Usually good for 3 yards but only 3 down football in the CFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad