CFL 2024

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Sadly I don't know if the search for GM or coach really needs to be a long one because you could probably count the legitimate candidates on one hand.

For a long time the organization's management was bred internally through staggered, methodical growth and attrition. Pretty much at the same time Maciocia took the reins was when that broke. Ever since it's been a scramble to hire the next best external candidate, which is almost always a retread of someone that's been through about 6 teams at various points and is the only one available with any sort of track record.

And interestingly the most success GM hire was actually an internal hire promoting Hervey from Scout to GM, but then personalities got in the way.

The key thing to your observation however isn't as much about Maciocia taking over but moreso evidence that Campbell really understood how to grow sustainable teams, though he also had the benefit of working in a pre-SMS era for a team that was the richest in the league.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
I really feel strongly that if we could once and for all, finally get Sean Fleming as the President, that would go a long way towards setting this franchise in the right direction.

After that, not really sure where we go from there.
Would there be any appetite to bring back Hervey as GM?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I really feel strongly that if we could once and for all, finally get Sean Fleming as the President, that would go a long way towards setting this franchise in the right direction.

After that, not really sure where we go from there.
Would there be any appetite to bring back Hervey as GM?

At this point the dream team that would have strong ties to the past would be Fleming Hervey and Maas, while breaking Ray in as an OC or QB coach but really Hervey and Maas already have jobs in the CFL and couldn't be snagged legally (and if you're them would you want to leave your current situation for a team that let you go).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d keep Jarious as OC unless Ford isn’t willing to work with him. He actually calls a pretty decent offensive game.

They need a new DC and ST coach.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad