OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Looks like vs DC on tuesday.

I'm happy for Courtois. I doubted him at some point, but he didn't deserve to get sacked either.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
No matter how much i criticize this team, i can't say i am not amazed by the turnaround.

Courtois criticizing Martinez had disaster written all over it and was possibly the final nail in the season. Instead, the players just started working as a team and Martinez turned into the forward that this team has been desperately lacking.

Just great.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
No matter how much i criticize this team, i can't say i am not amazed by the turnaround.

Courtois criticizing Martinez had disaster written all over it and was possibly the final nail in the season. Instead, the players just started working as a team and Martinez turned into the forward that this team has been desperately lacking.

Just great.

The go karting team activity was the turning point.

First team building activity of the year apparently.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Like it our not a lot of the credit goes to Gervais. Nailed the summer mercato. Without Clark we do not make the playoffs.

Also challenged the coaches and players to find the solutions.

Quite the turnaround from the depths of the East to win 5 out of last 7 and grab the eight spot and a home playoff game.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Very nice game to attend. Had the chance to speak with Bakrar of NYCFC after the game. Nice guy but seems absolutely disgusted with living in NYC (rightfully so). He's 100% leaving this winter and was asking questions about Montreal. He seems very interested in coming. He's a very technical CF with a decent ceiling and an upgrade over Cocaro, Ibrahim, Vilsaint.

I expect a win and an epic playoff match up with Miami.

Like it our not a lot of the credit goes to Gervais. Nailed the summer mercato. Without Clark we do not make the playoffs.

Also challenged the coaches and players to find the solutions.

Quite the turnaround from the depths of the East to win 5 out of last 7 and grab the eight spot and a home playoff game.

The first guy we should give credit to is Laurent Courtois. Despite multiple public & private feuds, he managed to put his ego and differences aside.

I said it this summer, Courtois is a rookie coach with a HUGE potential so give him time to cook. There are still some flaws but he'll only get better onwards. That said I agree w you, Gervais needs to be praised for his patience.

I have more optimism than in 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad